MM Caster/Camber Plates + MM Coilovers

captthunderpnts

Established Member
I recently got the drive to install my Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates that have been sitting in my garage for the last two months.

Everything seemed to be going well during the install. The instructions, by the way, are very nice, even though I found the blow-up illustration to be a little off as far as washer sizes were concerned. That's neither here nor there.

There is a section in the instructions that addresses those with the MM Bilstein coilover kit, which are also installed. The directions decree that you must use the included thrust washers in the following orientation:

Top of Strut - (Small)(Large)(Large) - Top Plate - (Small) - Strut Shaft

As any good boy would, I followed those directions to the T, but when I got everything back together and the suspension settled after the test drive, I found that the right height had been drastically decreased from where I was set previously. This became evident when my front passenger tire (which was brand new) was effectively shaven by the fender lip.

Now, after my ragefest, I decided to start changing the orientation of the thrust washers one at a time, until now, I've got all four washers under the top plate on both sides.

This minimally caused my ride height to go up, however the gap between the fender and the tire is nowhere near it was before the install. In one of the sessions where I had the tires off, I also cranked my coilovers up 1/2in, though that change was also minimal, it seemed.

Is there anyone else that happens to have this combination or a similar setup that experienced the drop that I have? I fear that I'm going to run out of adjustment on my coilovers at this point, so I am honestly wondering if I made a mistake during the install. Any assistance or insight is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread