MM c/c plates and dust boots.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone that has installed the 4 bolt mm plates had to change their dust boots. I was told I didn't for factory bilsteins from who I ordered them from, but MM's website doesn't make it clear if you need them for factory or aftermarket bilsteins. I already ordered and they are on their way, wouldn't too happy to take everything apart and find out I need them.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I just installed them on mine the other day...you cant use the stock ones they wont fit and I dont know where to mount the new ones because the instructions tell you not to use the bumpstops with bilstein struts (they have internal stops) so I just left them off.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
get on the mm website and review the directions, there is a diagram of stock bilstiens with mm/cc plates, bumpstops and dust boots as assembled. bilstiens have internal bumpstops. it is best to use dust boots, the strut seals will be destroyed without them in a short time. with stock bilstiens you will be re-using stock dust boots and mm bump stops or service 6 kit from mm and no external bumpstops

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
You will need the dust boots. I am not sure why MM doesn't include them with the kit, but you do need to run them. The stock ones will go back on (I reused mine), but there is a good chance your struts will get contaminated and fail. I remember reading about this happening to a guy in the suspension section a while back.

At the time I got mine on, I didn't know I needed them. But I ordered them as soon as I found out that I did. Order them, do it all at once and be done with it.

LS1_KILLA

Banned
You will need the dust boots. I am not sure why MM doesn't include them with the kit, but you do need to run them. The stock ones will go back on (I reused mine), but there is a good chance your struts will get contaminated and fail. I remember reading about this happening to a guy in the suspension section a while back.

At the time I got mine on, I didn't know I needed them. But I ordered them as soon as I found out that I did. Order them, do it all at once and be done with it.

I'm getting ready to add my springs & install my C/C plates.. I have MM 4 bolt C/C plates.. and have the stock struts.. so do MM make the dust boots I need?.. where do I get them??

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Thats what I was afraid of, MM sells them for 10 buck, but shipping to Hawaii, they will probably come out to 30. I not worried about the money though. I just wanted to do it right. I don't want my shocks to die, I only got 16 on the clock with 1000 miles dropped. Funny thing is I asked about the dust boots when I ordered the plates, and all I got in response was they where not needed for factory bilsteins. I'll email Maximum Motorsports on monday, Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
Damn. I am in the same boat. I put the c/c plates on my car maybe 200 miles ago and didnt have the replacement dust boots, so I left them off. Guess I need to order some and have them put on.

I wish MM would just include these in the c/c kit.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I'm getting ready to add my springs & install my C/C plates.. I have MM 4 bolt C/C plates.. and have the stock struts.. so do MM make the dust boots I need?.. where do I get them??

I ordered my springs and c/c plates from stangsuspension.com. They don't have the dust boots listed on their site, so I called to see if they had it in stock. They didn't, and just got it drop shipped to me from MM.

For you, it'd just be much easier if you placed an order through MM for them.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/i...roduct_info&manufacturers_id=&products_id=974

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Get the boots, toss the factory ones and don't install the bumpstops that come with the CC plates

kk2002

Established Member
I have the same set up mm/koni/boots however have a rattle coming from the front somewhere, any suggestions to look?

Chuy

Established Member
I looked at the instructions for the caster/camber plates and on page 6 it shows a picture reusing the stock dust boot. According to the instructions - it says to reuse the stock dust boot. However, the MM website says to use the "service-6" dust boots because ford dust covers can not be used (according to the link above)???????

antiv6

Established Member
ya it says you need a different boot for bilsteins, remember these plates are for all 94-04 mustangs with all different setups

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
thank god for SVT, just ordered springs, cc plates and added the boots to the order. Thank you guys for the advanced heads up about the boots and bump stops.

Users who are viewing this thread