MKIV Supra Madness

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Maaaaaaaan these cars are getting to be unobtainable.

Guys want $40-50k for a NA 6 speed car.

Ahem what?
Wait what? Haven't looked in some time, but the TT cars float in that $30k range, super quick search found this F&F ripoff (1993 Toyota Supra). If NA cars are going for $50k, I'm about to start importing them for a lot less and flip those bitches.

Should just buy ragged out IS300's and talk about swaps, that's the real power move.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I know those cars can handle a lot of power... but they have to be the ugliest $80-$100k cars you can buy.
I just can't fathom why you'd spend anything remotely close to that for very outdated tech. Novelty I guess, but to drop $80k then another what $20k+ to make it competitive with a lot of newer stuff. For $100k, I'm going R8 or something around that.

08mojo

Established Member
If I spend nearly $100k for car like that, I'd expect it to be absolutely perfect in every single way. That car has water spots all over it, the tires look like they are about to come apart and all of the rubber under the hood looks like it would disintegrate if touched. I can only imagine the suspension bushings are also complete shit. A fool and his money are soon parted...

lilcoop03

Established Member
I think the looks of the car are timeless. The only thing that looks dated to me is the interior on these.

I think they are very cool cars and novelty is there but they have gotten way out of hand now.

This car appears to be in "good" condition, but as stated above its not a car that's been in a cocoon. A perfect untouched car like this would be more reasonable for the price this one is bringing but hey, more power to them.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I remember this car being on the very first Need for Speed game on PS1... Oh the memories

It also had a FD Rx7 on there

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
First one I drove was probably 10 years ago and the interior was dated and ugly as hell even back then.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have always loved the MK4 supras, one of my buddies I work with has a 94 supra that has a single turbo setup, it only makes 500hp, but it's fun, when we go to car shows everyone thinks his supra is way faster than my GT500 lol. I think that's part of the reason why everyone wants one, because they think you can make 1000whp with just a turbo swap.

Personally, I'd rather have a FD RX7 with a 3 rotor.

trxcobra

Established Member
I sold my last MKIV in October and can attest that prices have gone pretty crazy. I bought that car in 2015, enjoyed it for ~12k miles and sold for just shy of double what I paid.
Many of these low mileage examples are coming out of hiding. I am not surprised that prices increased so much... there are very few sub-20k mile, original US LHD turbo cars out there.

The Right hand drive cars are somewhat attainable (30-50k for auto/6spd turbos; 25-30ish for NA) but that market will continue to flood as they reach the 25 yr mark (only 93 and some 94 models are eligible for import right now).

The $100k+ cars are collector grade. You can still find a nicely done LHD turbo with some miles on it for $40-$60k (mostly automatics on the lower end of that range)

Users who are viewing this thread