Mixing Pump and ???

Joey8

Established Member
Hey everyone,
So recently I got a Lund 93 tune and was showing some knock up top 1 - 3.5 ish when i was really getting on it. I contacted lund and he said he would be more then happy to take a look at my logs but thinks its crap 93 gas. So i was wondering what if I mix a few gallons of race gas (MS109) which i can get at a speed shop by me with my "pump 93" in an attempt to raise the octane to say a true 93 or even a bit higher for some detention protection. I'm not concerned with anymore horsepower or anything like that I just dont want any knock so it wont pull timing. I was thinking of just buying 5 gals of torco and mixing ~20 ounces with 15 gals of 93 for some detention protection but I read that it will turn your plugs a reddish color which cant be good. So let me ask you guys what would you do mix the MS109 with the pump to raise the octane or go with torco to raise the octane?

Last edited:

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Got lund tune as well. Made 737rwhp on 20psi 93 and Torco mix. Was gettinv knock on first pull as well, added torco for second pull and picked up around 30rwhp and no knock....

Joey8

Established Member
Would it be okay to use torco on a regular basis. I would mix half of what they recommend for 98 octane because all i want it knock protection not necessarily the highest octane. I would add the least amount of torco until the knock is no more. I read that it turns plugs a orangish color but haven't read about any adverse effects from the plugs turning that color.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Would it be okay to use torco on a regular basis. I would mix half of what they recommend for 98 octane because all i want it knock protection not necessarily the highest octane. I would add the least amount of torco until the knock is no more. I read that it turns plugs a orangish color but haven't read about any adverse effects from the plugs turning that color.

Lots of people use torco with every fill-up for the octane boost without any reported ill-effects that I've seen. The only obvious drawback is that it is more expensive than regular gasoline. I have been using 16oz of torco with every 10 gallons of 93 just because I'm paranoid about knock since I went whipple. I'm about to make the switch to E85 but I'll still run torco when I use 93 octane for emergencies or to clean out the fuel system.

Joey8

Established Member
Lots of people use torco with every fill-up for the octane boost without any reported ill-effects that I've seen. The only obvious drawback is that it is more expensive than regular gasoline. I have been using 16oz of torco with every 10 gallons of 93 just because I'm paranoid about knock since I went whipple. I'm about to make the switch to E85 but I'll still run torco when I use 93 octane for emergencies or to clean out the fuel system.

Awesome. Thats the answer i was looking for and hoping i was going to get. If you actually get the torco from VMP you get a free race gas tune with it if you already have a custom tune which i do from Justin at VMP. I just got the Lund tune because lethal performance was running a special that you could get a lund tune for $100 bucks and i opted for the 93 cammed tune just for show. For 5 gals of torco its around $250. I figure ill use around 20oz per fill up. 5 gal x 128 oz per gal = 640oz / 20 oz = 32 tanks with torco. 250 for the torco / 32 = ~8 bucks a tank for a piece of mind and maybe a little more power. Good deal if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread