Mixing leaded race fuel

dannyf

Established Member
I keep getting less then stellar 93 and was wondering if I can mix a gallon or two of 110 leaded into a full tank. Car is catless with a bama tune so I'm really only worried about the o2 sensors.

Zacharyx

Established Member
the 02s should be the only issue, why not get unleaded 100+ to mix and not worry about it??

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Just get some MS109 which is unleaded same octane really or shell URT (hard to find sometimes).

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
do not put leaded fuel in your car, will kill the factory widebands, I've seen them killed after bein in the car in as little as 10 minutes

NickSezz

Established Member
Yep, a cheap alternative.

And then your spark plugs look like this:

DSC00237.JPG

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but I was just given some information from a trustworthy source. Do with it what you will. I just want to share. Ford recommends C16 in the CJ's. They recommend replacing them every 50 passes. Their test car had over 100 passes on them and they still worked fine. So this is just track passes. I plan to keep my use of leaded fuel to the track, 5 gallons at a time and Torco for the street. I haven't tried my C12 tune, but I can't wait!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I don't want to get into a pissing contest, but I was just given some information from a trustworthy source. Do with it what you will. I just want to share. Ford recommends C16 in the CJ's. They recommend replacing them every 50 passes. Their test car had over 100 passes on them and they still worked fine. So this is just track passes. I plan to keep my use of leaded fuel to the track, 5 gallons at a time and Torco for the street. I haven't tried my C12 tune, but I can't wait!

we tried turbo blue in the car at the track once for texting, the very first pass after adding it, it killed one of the 02's.

I personally would pass on it, or just use a good unleaded racing gas.

Users who are viewing this thread