mix n match lowering springs (Front to Rear)?

7Lemons

Established Member
On my '13GT I currently have an adj sway, steeda ultralites and koni str.t all the way around, and I love the way the car handles with this setup. The problem for me is the amount of drop (visually) for the rear. The front looks just right (IMO) with hardly any gap while the rear has what looks to me like 1-2" of gap still - too much rake. I see the Eibach Sportlines will lower me about another 0.5" - 0.75" in the back (with the koni orange) and I was thinking about putting the sportlines on the rear and leaving the front alone. Will it have an adverse affect on handling with Steeda ultralites in front, and eibach sportlines for the rear? Is there some better way to lower the rear another 3/4" or so?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It will change the handling some because the spring rates are different. But if your only after visual and your just street driving it will be safe to do. You may need to trim the bump stops in the rear with the sport lines otherwise you might bottom out. Also if you have a 1pc driveshaft you may need to adjust the pinion angle.

7Lemons

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I am actually wanting the drop but just don't want to adversely affect the handling in the process. I ran 2 road courses last year (one beginner and one intermediate) and the car handled VERY well. I see a lot of pictures on here of cars that are really lowered with next to no gap at all. Are they all on adjustable coilovers or something? ...and for now still on factory DS

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread