Mitsubishi will buy your gas

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
Hopefully this isn't a repost. Sorry I don't have the link. It's from the AutoTech Daily. I guess if you can't sell cars the normal way, you can slap incentives, employee pricing, and now free gas deals... :eek:

MITSUBISHI FILLER UPPER :wf:
Buyers of 2005 model Mitsubishi vehicles in the U.S. will receive a debit card worth up to $2,500 in gasoline. The program, which begins Friday and runs through the end of October, applies to all 2005 model-year Galant, Endeavor, Montero, Outlander, Eclipse Coupe, Eclipse Spyder, Lancer, and Lancer Evolution cars and trucks.

Card values will range from $1,500 to $2,500, depending upon a vehicle’s federal fuel economy rating and the grade of fuel it requires. The program aims to provide enough fuel for 12,000 miles of driving based upon current fuel prices. MMC assumes gasoline costs $2.80 per gallon for regular and $3.10 for premium. Motorists will be able to use the pre-paid cards at most major refueling chains.

Steeltwo

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Don't the new eclipses get really bad gas mileage? They damn well better buy my gas for an underpowered gas guzzler.

263hp out of a 3.8L
didn't the last version of the stang gt have 260hp out of a 4.6l?

and here is a quote out of a article
Fuel consumption figures of City: 13.3 L/100 km (21 mpg) and Hwy: 8.1 L/100 km (35 mpg) with the V6 engine

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Steeltwo said:
263hp out of a 3.8L
didn't the last version of the stang gt have 260hp out of a 4.6l?

and here is a quote out of a article
Fuel consumption figures of City: 13.3 L/100 km (21 mpg) and Hwy: 8.1 L/100 km (35 mpg) with the V6 engine

I've just heard on different boards they're getting a lot less than what is advertised. Also, they weigh in at 3,500lbs. Advertised 1/4 mile times of mid 14's. Doesn't seem too impressive to me.

inteller

Established Member
im sure the EVO is excluded. Folks they never include their flagships in these promotions.

PoisonSnake

Banned
How does this work? Like do they give you a pre-paid card with X amount of money on it? I think it's bullshit that they just say 'free gas for a year' when there are people that would drive 200 miles every day and need to fill up 3 times a week so that's already well over $100. What's the catch?

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I just read the fine print, you either get the incentives or the gas. Not both.

Users who are viewing this thread