Mitsubishi Galant

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by kschaper
Does anyone have any experience with one? Looking to get a second vehicle. 99-03 models. Thanks

If I were you, I'd wait till June for one of these puppies (if you're looking for something in this segment): http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=29&article_id=7028

814200311647.jpg

Cool thing is, it's rated at 250HP. The Subaru Forrester XT is rated at 210HP...but they have the same turbo motor. The Forrester runs a 13.8 stock, but is heavier than the Legacy.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Galants are damn good cars - and reliable -
Having said that, the performance is so-so. Actually the more upscale GTZ (is that what it's called) has good performance but alas, drinks premium. Or mid grade anyways. Having said that though, other than that they're really good and decent cars, and while the power may be lacking a little, it's perfectly suitable for the normal role of this car: Family sedan.

kschaper

Band
Established Member
Originally posted by carrrnuttt
Oh, ok. I have NO experience whatsoever with Galants, so can't help you there, lol.

What are you looking for in your second car?

Something cheap and reliable with "lower" miles. I see a lot of galants on the road and there are a ton for sale and a reasonable price. Not really needing anything with performance.

LocoGT

Banned
Something cheap and reliable with "lower" miles. I see a lot of galants on the road and there are a ton for sale and a reasonable price. Not really needing anything with performance.
Get a GTP. You'll be happy with it :beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
What kind of gas mileage?
On the highway cruising 68 mph I can muster 24-26 mpg In town it seems like 16-18 mpg. A few things to watch for; Grand MArquis and Crown Vic's have weird torque convertor problems where it wont kick out of O/D when your are slowing down until you hit 34 mph or so (unless you kick it down) Avoid the 1991-1994 models they have valve seal problems and they smoke, you can tell a '95+ very easily by the lack of a radio antenna they have the antenna built into the back window. One other thing to watch for is front end problems other than that they are a very good vehicle and you can pick them up for a song Plus the trannies are bullet proof and the engine is the 4.6L SOHC

Did this at 90,000 miles ----->
burn1.jpg

Last edited:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I'm only 28

are you kidding me? I'd drive a police interceptor in a heartbeat... hell, just a straight Vic with some mods... that would be incredible...

but you're looking for a galant... great cars, I drove a rental and it was solid as hell, gutless, but a very nice build... all around, I liked it.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread