missing SVT certificate

Cobra84

Established Member
Any one out there owning a Cobra that does NOT have the SVT certificate and window sticker?? If so, i was wondering how bad this was for resale or for any reason for that matter. If i wanted to obtain another certificate and window sticker, how much does something like that cost? Whats the process?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You'll probably be out around $20/for both pieces.

There is a guy on here that does reprint window stickers and SVT should still be able to mail you the cert. for a small fee.

I'd say it would only affect resale to a certain crowd; many others won't care in general.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
...how does he reprint the window stickers? I tried like hell to get one from the original selling dealer for my CSVT and they wouldn't/couldn't figure out the process that they are suppose to go thorugh to get one.

If you need a cert, there is a 1800 number you call and a fee now for the cert...

txyaloo

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
...how does he reprint the window stickers? I tried like hell to get one from the original selling dealer for my CSVT and they wouldn't/couldn't figure out the process that they are suppose to go thorugh to get one.

If you need a cert, there is a 1800 number you call and a fee now for the cert...

He works for Ford and is doing reprints. I think it's in the Terminator forum. I got mine a few months ago and it looks exactly like the original except for a date code at the bottom showing the reprint date. I believe he was retiring at the end of June though so he may not be doing it anymore.

The info is here:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4655308&postcount=8

The SVT cert is $40 now. I think the number is still 1-800-FORD-SVT.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
Yup I got my window sticker reprinted and mailed to me first class for free. I emailed the guy they posted up on the forms... but someone said he was retiring soon so... you may not be able to get it anymore~

the certificate is now 40 bucks from svt.

txyaloo

Established Member
Cobra84 said:
oh yea i forgot, if any members could get this guys member name, that would be great

See the link in my post above. It had all the info for getting the window sticker. He can only do reprints back to 99 though. Apparently there was a computer change over so all the SN-95 folks are out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread