Missing Pulley Thread or Brain Cells???

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I know I am getting old, but I would swear that someone, maybe Cobryan, posted a thread about the ultimate cause of his pulley squeak.
It seemed as though there was a failure in the BilletFlow extra idler setup somewhere and he launched the pulley. At the time of the post, all he knew for sure is that the pulley broke off of the motor, but didn't post/know any other details. It's the details I am interested in, as, I am pretty certain, many others would be, if they had seen the thread.
I would have liked to have found out just exactly what part failed and was it a one time thing, as in a bad bearing, or an installation issue, or is it going to be a problem due to a basic design flaw? Or the failure of a non BilletFlow part that caused the BilletFlow part to fail.

If this thread is still around somewhere, please point me to it so I can follow up on the findings. I have been over the board's posts 3 times, and can't seem to find either the thread or related post.

If you guys did delete or move this thread, you are doing everyone a huge disservice, because until the cause is determined, it is a potential problem for a lot of people.

If you didn't do anything to the post/thread, I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for helping me find it.

Thank you,
Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Thanks Toad,
Glad to know I haven't lost it entirely.
I did PM Cobryan after I made the post.
No reply yet.

I am interested because the third idler and belt slippage was the next area I was going to address. In fact, I had sent Doug 2 e-mails earlier this week about a new setup. No reply there yet either.

Thanks,
Dana

dougwg

Established Member
Dana

I got your message, been very busy ... sorry...I already have some "stuff" at the shop just like what you want. but I need to look at it to make sure it will work and I just haven't had the time .... I will be in touch with you this week!

Cobryan

Please give me a call Monday and let me know what happened.:shrug:

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Doug,
I understand you have been busy and will be even busier in the next week, or so.
Whenever you get time will be ok. I have lots to do in the mean time.
I just didn't know if the e-mails got to you or went off into cyberspace somewhere.

Thanks,
Dana

2003snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Doug,
I understand you have been busy and will be even busier in the next week, or so.
Whenever you get time will be ok. I have lots to do in the mean time.
I just didn't know if the e-mails got to you or went off into cyberspace somewhere.

Thanks,
Dana

Completely off the subject but what did the install of the lower pulley entail? How complicated was it? How long did it take? Who did you get it from?

Thanks,

Jason

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Jason,
The lower install is pretty straight forward. You do need a few special sockets though.

There is a thread on this in the Modifications (top of the first page)section with some pictures. Read it through. If you have any other questions, shoot me an e-mail.

If you have never done it before, it takes a good 4 hours because the directions leave a lot to be desired. The job is still doable though.
I purchased mine through a GP at Modular Madness. The GP has since ended though. Don is a good guy, call him if you want.

The setup is a Metco unit. As far as I know, they are the only company making this type of kit right now. I would also recommend getting the larger alternator pulley if you do the swap.

Determining the belt size can be a pain in the ass.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread