Missing brake fluid

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
I found it. The drivers side rear is leaking just a little. I tightened the thing but I am not sure it's going to stop it. Anyone know what is behind this fitting??? Is there an o-ring or something or should I just replace the line. Just wondered if anyone had removed this line from the brake caiper and what you found????

Thanks!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Probably easier just to replace the line rather than guess where the leak might be. Be sure to bleed the system even if tightening fixed the leak. If fluid's getting out, air's getting in.

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
Here is where it is actually leaking from.

brake.jpg

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You may have to give the trophy back Rudy, now that we know you have a leak!

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
I could ship it back but then the box may have a hole it the bottom. Seriously I had to take it off the fireplace manel a few weeks ago and the room just doesn't look the same without it.

Hope all is well with you.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Maybe, I had a leak on the front a couple weeks ago,it turned out that the line was leaking were the line went into the block.

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Yup, just get a couple of the crush washers and it should be good to go. I'd keep a couple extra just in case. Or, just go with stainless braided lines and be done with it. You'll notice a difference.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Rudy, be careful not to let the fluid level drop too low in the M/C. If the ABS get's air, it's a bitch to bleed, and you need a special tool for it.

Users who are viewing this thread