Established Member
Thus far I've ordered the following parts over the last few days:

-VMP Stage 2 TVS kit
-Brisk spark plugs
-Boundary OPG
-TSS crank gear
-Whiteline LCAs
-UPR catch can for TVS cars

Is there anything else that would be NEEDED or recommended? I saw someone on Facebook said he also got an ATI balancer and APR bolt for his FI build, but I don't think I'll need those, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm going with the 82mm pulley for the supercharger, don't see myself going any smaller than 79mm any time in the foreseeable future.

No other mods on the car. It's a 6R80 with stock 3.15 gears.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. Should be stout indeed.
I'm actually on the cusp of putting about 8k on the credit card myself!!! (I'm kinda holding out for the new GT500. Depending on engine/power/torque/performance and looks, of course. I wish Ford would at least let us know if it's coming out!! lol)
I have a completely stock Roush Stage 3 car, so I don't need the supercharger. Have a nice list of items that I wanted to add to the car. Would be about 650rwhp and 550rwtq. Running 93 octane gas.
Are you going to do oil pump gears and crank sprocket as well?
Why not the 79mm pulley? (I have that on my list.)

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Perfect thread! I literally just ordered a stage 2 vmp kit about 2 hours ago lol.

I'm definitely gonna order a set of drag radials. I've also decided to vent the valve covers to a catch can/breather. Already got suspension and exhaust. Other than that, I'm gonna let her eat at the 600 hp level for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Perfect thread! I literally just ordered a stage 2 vmp kit about 2 hours ago lol.

I'm definitely gonna order a set of drag radials. I've also decided to vent the valve covers to a catch can/breather. Already got suspension and exhaust. Other than that, I'm gonna let her eat at the 600 hp level for the foreseeable future.
Nice! That is going to be a lot of fun for sure!

TenaciousRock

Established Member
Nice. Should be stout indeed.
I'm actually on the cusp of putting about 8k on the credit card myself!!! (I'm kinda holding out for the new GT500. Depending on engine/power/torque/performance and looks, of course. I wish Ford would at least let us know if it's coming out!! lol)
I have a completely stock Roush Stage 3 car, so I don't need the supercharger. Have a nice list of items that I wanted to add to the car. Would be about 650rwhp and 550rwtq. Running 93 octane gas.
Are you going to do oil pump gears and crank sprocket as well?
Why not the 79mm pulley? (I have that on my list.)

I'm going to stick with the 82mm pulley for now that comes with the basic Stage 2 kit. If I want more power later I can always change up the exhaust and maybe swap pulleys :)

Oil pump gears and crank sprocket are on the list in the OP.

yea a good converter.....

Not wanting to mess with the transmission. One of the reasons I went with a TVS kit is because of how the power comes on, don't think I'll feel the need for a converter. Not a track car either.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to stick with the 82mm pulley for now that comes with the basic Stage 2 kit. If I want more power later I can always change up the exhaust and maybe swap pulleys :)

Very nice.
Car should be beast! Keep us posted!

demas

Established Member
Oh man I know that you're going to love it so much that you can't say "if I want more power". We all said and we all wanted lol
I started with stage 2, now I'm with 79mm, id1000 meth injection, LTH , larger TB and it never stops ;)

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can guarantee you with a Circle 2D or 3D you wud still think its stock until u step on it. An auto without a converter upgrade is simply leaving tons of torque on the table.

and being a Track car has nothing to do with it.

Not wanting to mess with the transmission. One of the reasons I went with a TVS kit is because of how the power comes on, don't think I'll feel the need for a converter. Not a track car either.

TenaciousRock

Established Member
I can guarantee you with a Circle 2D or 3D you wud still think its stock until u step on it. An auto without a converter upgrade is simply leaving tons of torque on the table.

and being a Track car has nothing to do with it.

Just don't want to fork out another $1200 + install right now. And I'm on street tires so I don't think leaving torque on the table will really bother me haha

Not ruling it out in the future but definitely wouldn't be a necessary upgrade in my opinion.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well a blower isn't necessary either.... but, blower cars make far less torque then a Turbo car do. look at any dyno graph and you will see TQ number very close to HP numbers. that will not be the same with a roots blower like ur wanting.

my last Mustang had a TVS on it and yea it was quick and fun but jus didn't pull off the line or wen I smashed it like my Turbo cars do. TQ gets u going HP keeps you going so for a STREET car the fun factor comes from TQ imo.

bro a set of decent DR's and ull hook just fine and u can drive it anywhere even in the rain jus gotta slo down. but yea I hear ya the cost of the Converter plus labor aint cheap I agree and money don't grow on trees lol

I bet if u went for a ride in a car with the same setup as urs WITH a good converter you wud be saying "Gotta have that".

Just don't want to fork out another $1200 + install right now. And I'm on street tires so I don't think leaving torque on the table will really bother me haha

Not ruling it out in the future but definitely wouldn't be a necessary upgrade in my opinion.

TenaciousRock

Established Member
well a blower isn't necessary either.... but, blower cars make far less torque then a Turbo car do. look at any dyno graph and you will see TQ number very close to HP numbers. that will not be the same with a roots blower like ur wanting.

my last Mustang had a TVS on it and yea it was quick and fun but jus didn't pull off the line or wen I smashed it like my Turbo cars do. TQ gets u going HP keeps you going so for a STREET car the fun factor comes from TQ imo.

bro a set of decent DR's and ull hook just fine and u can drive it anywhere even in the rain jus gotta slo down. but yea I hear ya the cost of the Converter plus labor aint cheap I agree and money don't grow on trees lol

I bet if u went for a ride in a car with the same setup as urs WITH a good converter you wud be saying "Gotta have that".

It's a possibility for sure but I don't think I'll be unhappy with the TVS alone. My last fun car was a '99 Trans Am and when I had that dyno'ed it was making 326rwhp 322rwtq and the tuner told me the MAF was going bad.

I had a 3500 stall converter on that car and I never regretted the decision because I spent $1350 for custom billet single disk converter, installation, and dyno/street tune but I don't really feel I got anywhere near the best out of it either. Most of my driving (80+%) is highway cruising and the TA was always on street tires.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't think ull be unhappy either. PD comes on really quick! post up wen ur finished wud like to see

Users who are viewing this thread