missfire

00 white lightn

Established Member
my lightning has a weird misfire, i put in a new set of plugs, same problem, changed the fuel filter, checked for vacume leaks, no problems found. I just installed a set of headers, i have a small leak on the drivers side, but i was told by my dyno tuner that this would not cause the low rpm misfire. It only does it under 2000 rpm. I pressure tested the coolant resevoir and it held pressure. So I am assuming i have no head gasket leak. Next is to check for injector faults or a bad coil pack. But I do not understand why i have no misfire codes yet when it is running bad. Does anyone have any ideas. I did a fuel injector flush to clean the injectors. It made no difference. I did run some water remover through the tank and it made some difference but it came right back. the next day.

Last edited:

kevinm9529

Established Member
i would check injectors with a noid light to make sure each one is firing, inspect all wiring to injectors, also check camshaft position sensors, and crank shaft position sensor

00 white lightn

Established Member
misfire

the problem wasnt the injectors. It was the coil pack boots and springs, you can buy a kit from advance auto for about 60 bucks. I recommend replacing these at every tune up.

Users who are viewing this thread