Missfire after clutch install

3 oh 2

Established Member
Hello, I have a 2012 mustang gt car was working fine nothing wrong untill i installed a Ram power grip hd clutch. Now car throws a missfire code cilynder 8 miss fire on idle if i drive the car over 3k drives fine ..

3 oh 2

Established Member
ok thanks that means dealership has to do it or is there a way to do it with out going to ford??

acrbill

Established Member
How are you liking that clutch? I had one in for 60 miles before I got fed up with the insane pedal pressure so I swapped it out for a Mcleod RST.

3 oh 2

Established Member
its alright really havent drove the car yet until the missfire issue . but thanks guys for the info

3 oh 2

Established Member
Ok i took car in to ford service deparment had crankshaft sensor relearn 4 times . car shows different cilynder missfire codes everytime i take it back first it was #8 got it relearn then #6 came up went back work and when i was driving back home check engine light came on missfire #4 cilynder. dont know what to do

gimpy2011

Established Member
From my understanding, if you didn't remove the flywheel then you don't need to have the relearn done. Did you have any work done other than the clutch?

3 oh 2

Established Member
flywheel wasremoved to get it resurface. i put the car back to stock removed the custom tune and boss intake and cold air and took the car in today to get a computer reflash car had a miisfire cilynder #4 but it also showed 02 sensor code so they flash the computer and they told me to replace both 02sensors

Users who are viewing this thread