Miss the "Kenne Boss" Is a VERY low build new 2012 LS worth it?

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I have the opportunity to buy a 2012 LS in black...(one of the first 50)!:rockon: It has only 36 miles on it and brand new. I have worked out a a deal at MSRP. The only issue is shipping across country with be approx $1200 as I dont have the time to "fly and drive" or I would.

My questions are:

1. How fair a deal is this on a 12 LS with a VERY low build number?

2. What's the approximate cost to install a rear seat? My kids HAVE to be able to enjoy this car with me!

3. I plan on installing the JLT Intake form my other Boss and and having Jon Lund update the tunes I have to work with the LS...other than GT500 exhaust, tint and 302S Wheels I dont plan on any other mods...for now LOL

I WILL KEEP THIS CAR N/A...loved the blower but it was way too much power:beer:

4. The wife actually WANTS me to do this because shes afraid that I am close to buying another motorcycle and in no WAAAAY wants me to ride again....so **** should I do this??????????????????? :banana:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
yeah I miss the crap outta the Boss!! It was by far the best car I have ever owned...and I am willing to sacrifice my own play money so I can still afford to pay for the kids hobbies and have one...

I am sick

need a little help maybe......LOL

Grant808

Established Member
Well, you deserve to have the Boss!

I think the deal is okay...should be a way to get it at or under MSRP to your door. Unless it's the very first black one made, I wouldn't even pay a dollar more for a low number car.

If you are willing to trade away the cross brace and rear seat delete, I'm sure somebody would do the install for free with cash going your way.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
If you end up doing the deal, I'll swap a never sat in back seat and all harness and brackets for your rear seat delete components. Let me know if you're interested.

Jason

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
IMO its to much. The fact is for what you are going to do with it (lightly mod it and drive it) I dont think the collector money will ever be there for it. You would be better off IMO buying a regular Boss or any numbered LS on a deal and drive the heck out of it. You'll save thousands now..... Just my 2 cents...

What ever you decide goodluck!!

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
* if you are buying at msrp, buy a 13. you can do better. if this is an untitled, dealer sale car. its a leftover. if its build is as early as you say, its been there a long time OR its been moved from dealer to dealer.

* if you want a back seat in the car, dont get an LS. you are going to end up converting an LS into a standard boss that along with your mods will drop its value down to that of a standard boss.

either keep it in LS trim or buy and mod a regular boss.

you are going to end up spending $10k you dont need to spend doing an LS this way

bull3441

Established Member
Is this the Car in Cali? I think you should just get a '13 local and install a FRPP suspension. You will come out ahead in the deal and have your back seat. Actually the suspension and FRPP LS wheels would still be cheaper. With MSRP, shipping, and a back seat conversion for the LS ,you're now in stock '13 GT500 territory. With the low number LS, you have a chance of running into tranny issues as well. If your set on the LS my friends dealership has one with 121 miles in NY. It's been titled but in perfect condition. They were asking big $ but it's been sitting there for a year and I think he'd take under $50k.

Last edited:

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Is this the Car in Cali? I think you should just get a '13 local and install a FRPP suspension. You will come out ahead in the deal and have your back seat. Actually the suspension and FRPP LS wheels would still be cheaper. With MSRP, shipping, and a back seat conversion for the LS ,you're now in stock '13 GT500 territory. With the low number LS, you have a chance of running into tranny issues as well. If your set on the LS my friends dealership has one with 121 miles in NY. It's been titled but in perfect condition. They were asking big $ but it's been sitting there for a year and I think he'd take under $50k.

It was and sold for what they were asking so i am out on it...

Tell me more about the 12 in NY...

The rear seat is not an issue. I want the LS for the exclusivity and will save the brace and just install charcoal seats from a GT if I need to and then my kids will be set

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
It was and sold for what they were asking so i am out on it...

Tell me more about the 12 in NY...

The rear seat is not an issue. I want the LS for the exclusivity and will save the brace and just install charcoal seats from a GT if I need to and then my kids will be set

you will also have to install belts. remember?

12C/OBoss

Established Member
you will also have to install belts. remember?

:??::dw:

obviously:poke:

LOL j/k as i know some people may not think of a details like this...already sourced some from a friend at a ford store from a customer that had a complaint about the retractors not releasing. They could not duplicate and replaced them anyway for customer satisafation. They never got called back for warranty return so they r mine!!:beer:

bpmurr

Established Member
I would but I REEEAAAALLLY dislike the 13 front end. Love the tail lights though LOL

I felt the same way at first and now I love it. It's crazy the amount of attention the car gets. I drove it down to Ocean City, MD this week and everyone was snapping pics, thumbs up, stop light converstations, and women just love grabber blue. The girl I was with was like is this level of attention normal? LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread