Miss/Hesitation 03 Cobra Help!

Blitz34

Established Member
I just bought an 03 cobra today and although it seems to pull hard, it has a dead miss and hesitation/sputtering up top. For instance in 6 th if I roll into the throttle I'll eventually get some dead misses. It feels like a light bump. Also, in lower gears when trying a WOT pull, 3,4,5th gears for sure, when it hits over 4k rpms I can feel a sputter/hesitation in the throttle like its not firing right. It never loses boost though. Mods are as follow but not guaranteed since I just bought it.

Ported eaton
Upper pulley (2.76 or. 2.8)
Some form of complete pulley kit ( blue something)
Ported plenum.
Exhaust
Tune ( has dyno tune on the provided diablo I assume).

It was making 14lbs of boost at WOT, and from what my wideband said was running rich as it should. So the actual question here is what should I look for as the cause for the dead misses and sputtering up top?

Plugs? Coils?
Tune?

I'm new to the supercharged cars so I don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be great. Just want to know if I can track it or if I should just bring it straight to my tuner .

Joyrider564

Established Member
I would put it on a dyno and have someone datalog. It could be a variety of things. You could always start by putting in new plugs first and see if that helps, but I would really recommend having it on a dyno and datalogged.

Blitz34

Established Member
I would put it on a dyno and have someone datalog. It could be a variety of things. You could always start by putting in new plugs first and see if that helps, but I would really recommend having it on a dyno and datalogged.

Should I attempt to datalog it with my tuner and laptop or just give it to a pro? I didn't want to spend unnecessary money but don't want to risk detonation etc .

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
check for fuel issue,,,,,, then coils..... i had an issue like yours with one of my fuel pumps going bad ( went w/ intank aeromotive a 1000 in my return ) gap plugs ngk tr6 copper at .030 gap ..... and coils i juz replaced all and it was cured. im sure its your coils gl.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread