Mishimoto radiator pics and some data.

Twisted2

Established Member
i have read where guys have had custom radiators made for a decent price that move forward toward the condenser but it's not a critical issue at this point, Im good in all but super hot weather stuck in traffic with the AC on. I diluted my coolant mix down as thin as possible (it's good to about 10 degrees, I'll never see that in FL) along with water wetter and it helped marginally.

with the aluminum radiator - did it come with a sacrificial anode? I know Summit Racing was selling a drain plug that had the anode for $20 or less, something to consider to help preserve it.

No, I don't think the radiator has a sacrificial anode. It's interesting that you mention that, because I just read something about that last night for the first time. I'm familiar with electrolysis, but had never heard of that. I also read that isolating the radiator from the chassis/body perhaps prevents electrolysis, and wondered if maybe that was part of the purpose of Mishimoto's stabilizer system. Either way, I'm going to learn more about it. Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread