Mishimoto Intercooler vs The Rest

DaveWertz

Established Member
So with a successful FMIC install and dyno run 2 weeks ago I am ready to chase lost boost. I knew going in I was going to loose a few lbs but not 5. With being on a budget I cannot pony up 500 for a treadstone cooler. So I was looking at the mishimoto S-Series (I think) and they seem pretty stout coolers and allot less restrictive than my fabulous CX. The mish flows 1250cfm and is bar and plate design, lifetime warranty, $262, and did I mention flows twice of that of my CX cooler. Has ANYONE used these coolers? I like the fact they offer the warranty and come with the 4 mounting holes which will allow me to keep my current mounting location. I literally would not have to change a thing. So I am happy with only making 450-460whp at only 8lbs with my 3.12 pulley, but figure if I can spent a couple hundred bucks to chase down another 2-3 psi then why not. I wouldn't have to get it tuned again either so its a simple swap and suspect more power. I know everyone told me the CX coolers are trash and I agree but I still made more power than being non cooled and with the same setup. Thoughts on these coolers?

Obviously if I could find a nice used treadstone I would jump on it but I think the chance of that happening is zero....

Users who are viewing this thread