Misfire need help

derricksmustang

Established Member
Was out tonight and car fell on its face misfire... code ,random misfire and then a cylinder 5 misfire pulled the plug on 5 looks fine switched coil packs still missing. You drive the car and the engine light flashes and then goes away. I read about the VCT solenoid going bad the car has 16000 miles on it, it has Amsoil 0-30 in it. How do you tell witch one is bad?

derricksmustang

Established Member
Thanks Team Beefcake Thomas, out of 91 people to look at this and no one say anything. Great to know not to turn to the forum for help! I was thinking I was going to need a new motor. For the Bama V2 guys this was the first night I down loaded the V2 E85 tune. Random misfire turned into cylinder 5 misfire switched coil packs still #5 switched injectors and plug at the same time to #6 and the problem followed so I stop and picked up a new plug and am going to try that next.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Would you rather 91 people reply just to say they don't know?
Sounds like you are the type to over react, both with your motor and the internet.
Good luck with your future troubles

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Would you rather 91 people reply just to say they don't know?
Sounds like you are the type to over react, both with your motor and the internet.
Good luck with your future troubles

This! The OPs 1st post was in the wee morning hours and on a weekend. These SVTp forums are pretty dead from Friday afternoon till Monday morning. I suspect zero ****s will be given now, since the OP has seen fit to break our balls over the perceived slight of a slow response.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
No problem man, I like to just keep stuff like this simple, swap a coil, swap a plug and if all else fails swap an injector.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Thanks.. Thomas yea I was freaking out but all is good now haven't had a plug just go bad on me. A day is a lot when your car is missing and you think the worst I have bad luck. But enjoy being a motor head and working on my own stuff. I did the hole search thing and didn't find a lot, didn't know it could be as simple am a plug.

derricksmustang

Established Member
Hopefully this will come up for those with this same problem change the plug even if it looks fine when you find out what cylinder is misfiring. Work your way out from there

Users who are viewing this thread