Misfire I can't find

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Got a problem I can't track down. I've got a slight misfire that you can notice a lot when light in the throttle like when you are driving thru town. I think it's doing it under load too because when I ran on Dyno a couple months ago it appeared to be doing it and running rich. When tuned last year it ran great and put down 446/452 and this latest run it didn't even break 400hp. I've swapped coils and put in new plugs no difference.

Any ideas on what I should check out to fix this?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Injector going bad? Does the idle seem a little off? If so you can pull a coil one at a time to try and find which cylinder is giving you the issue. The exhaust tone will change slightly if you pull a coil on a fully functioning cylinder. If it doesnt change then thats prolly the one giving you issues. That will narrow it down for you a little.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
No codes, No check engine light. I haven't checked yet to see if it's detecting any amount of misfire or not.

NGK TR6 plugs gapped to 0.032", FRPP coils from Tousley that I replaced the entire set last year.

horspla2000

Established Member
There are a few threads about the TR6 plugs giving a part throttle stumble. I had some and I had the stumble. I have TR7ix's now and its gone. (just FYI, may not be your issue, but sounds like it)

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Misfire under load too? Something is making me lose about 60hp and some torque too likely related to the misfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread