Misfire at boost

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I have a 1994 svt cobra. 339 stroker AFR heads boss block Anderson b31hr cam vortech v1 blower.
The car was running okay it was rich but still okay before I converted to slot style MAF and id1000 injectors
Now as soon as the car touches boost it hits a brick wall. It won't go into boost. Any ideas?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Your tuner needs to work faster. Washing down the cylinders is bad bad.

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I've changed the oil three times already. Getting expensive. Really getting worried about ruining the rings.
I don't know if it's hitting super rich when it hits boost or if it's at idle. I don't have a wide band getting one soon. After idling for a min it spits black smoke. So it's rich

nxhappy

Established Member
that is a shit load of injector. How much boost ?

sounds like you need less injector. Also sounds like you need a new tuner.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You absolutely need a wideband in order to tune WOT. If your tuner didn't tell you this then you need a new tuner. What are you using to datalog for your tuner?

DRK HRS

Established Member
I don't know where you are in Arkansas, but you're only going to be like 4-5 hours from STLMustangs in Leadington, MO. The tuner (and owner) there, Bob Monks, is absolutely brilliant. I suggest you set aside a day to take your car up there. One day and you're finished with all of this, and you can bank on it being a good, reliable tune. Like others have said, it doesn't sound like your guy really knows what he's doing. If you want the info for this shop, let me know.

Bob is also very thorough about checking your car over pre-tune to make sure there are no issues. Plus you'll know your numbers and get a dyno sheet. Driving a few hours is nothing to have the peace of mind that your engine isn't going to explode when you floor it.

EDIT: If you do it, you should also ask him to give you some sort of basic tune for your mods over e-mail so you're not running pig rich and washing the rings on the drive there.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
I should be touching around 12-15 psi.
This is a remote tuner no dyno or local tuner available.

Way too much injector for 12-15 pounds. Hell I was running 55lb injectors with 16 pounds and a TVS. Unless you are running E85.

I think you need to drive her to a dyno for a real tune session ....

15PSI

Established Member
ID1000s can easily be used with lower boost engines. If your tuner is experienced, this should be a no brainer. I have a stock 2012 Mustang GT with a VMP stage 3 with ID1000s and 11 PSI. Runs like stock until you punch it. Great street manners and solid idle. Injector Dynamics are known for their matching rates at low pintel openings. That is why you pay the big bucks for them.

Users who are viewing this thread