Mirror Tap for Radar Detectors

altjx

Established Member
Not sure if this is the appropriate category for this and I apologize if it isn't.

Does anyone use a mirror tap cable to connect your radar detector to the connector behind your mirror? Last year in my '15 GT, I had issues pushing the black prong in the connector with the ground wire because it wouldn't fit. The red prong from the mirror tap cable went in just fine. I must have spent hours trying to get this to work and only broke the prong, ordered another 2-3 mirror taps, same issues. I finally took it to the shop and they struggled with it a little bit before finally getting it in as well. Can't remember 100% what they did and won't be able to find out until tomorrow. I just took delivery of my '17 GT350 like two days ago and now going through the same exact issue, and would hope to get this done today. Just one of those things that's bothering me.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and have any workarounds? I'm trying to not splice if I don't have to, but this is becoming pretty annoying.

Last edited:

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
I actually had this issue on my Raptor, but the GT350 was fine. I ended up pulling the plug, installing the prong. Then plugging the plug back into the mirror

Users who are viewing this thread