Minor headlight prob

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Just noticed that my day time driving lights are not working. When the headlight switch is on the lights work okay, both hi and low. I've checked the 15 amp fuse and it's okay. I know that the day time driving light is just hi beam at a reduced voltage, so is there a relay to do this?
Thanks Steve

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
Daytime running lights??? Since when does the L have Daytime running lights? They have the sensor that turns the lights on when it gets dark but i never seen daytime running lights on an L.

Wayne

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Canada spec trucks have the DRL.
Man i have no idea about a relay but hopefully Eric (Ride The) will see this........ he is one of the stupid dealership tech's that is on here;-)

cams

Established Member
Chevy does that and I hate it. I want to control my lights... That way I can be shady. j/k

Dusten

Established Member
on both fords i had with DRL(both frmo canada) they had a relay box that was mounted up on the radiator core support. Might see if you can find it. On my 03 SD and my 96 F-250 it was on the drivers side.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
lightninmike said:
hopefully Eric (Ride The) will see this........ he is one of the stupid dealership tech's that is on here;-)

:lol: I think a little bit of pee came out on that one.

I looked up the diagrams but cannot post them from my shitty computer at work. I will post them up for you when I get home tonight.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
For some damn reason this pic of the 1st diagram won't size right.:shrug:

129024082.gif

129024083.gif

It shows the two relays in the Auxiliary Relay Box 2 as being located inside the passengers compartment around the passengers kick panel/glove box area. Should just be a small black box that would only hold two relays.

Other than that the only other parts that should affect the DTRL would be the Fuses, Main light switch, Multifunction Switch and the DTRL resister in the left front of the engine compartment.

Let me know if you need anymore help with it.:beer:

E

Users who are viewing this thread