mini progress update

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Headers, uppipes and drivers side turbo are on. New power steering lines for the low pressure side are cut and installed , old power steering reservoir lines rerouted. Drivers turbo REALLY crowds the reservoir. I may re-relocate it to near the fuse block.

Evans inlet water tube is about 1" too long (it wants to intersect the drivers uppipe , gonna trim it and make it work. So far it looks like the rest of the evans stuff will fit,may need some creativity for the thermostat placement once the passenger turbo is in.

About 2 hours grinding carefully on the down pipes to get them to slip into the exhaust pipes, sanded them out a bunch too. Jet-hot just did not wanna come off. I think I got it to where they will slip together with BFH assistance.

I need a pic of the fitting on the bottom of the overflow reservoir, cannot find it in my kit.

What type hose you guys using for vaccuum line to activate the wastegates/bov? Does it have to be high-temp?

Hopefully tomorrow will be pass side turbo, both downpipes and oil lines.
wrench.gif

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Great Job Bro.
I wish I lived closer so I could help you out more often.
Keep up the good work.

JP

Glfbaluhwakrguy

03 SB Cobra
Established Member
postban said:
What type hose you guys using for vaccuum line to activate the wastegates/bov? Does it have to be high-temp?

wrench.gif

I'm not a turbo terminator guy yet, but i've had a turbo car before, and I replaced a lot of my hoses for many reasons on there, and i found that you just can't go wrong with the high temp stuff. It's better safe than sorry. I used some cheaper stuff one time that wasn't high temp and it collapsed on itself. I would definatley say hi temp is the way to go!

By the way, good luck, and I can't wait to hear more about it when it's done!! :beer:

Last edited:

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Hey, postban, where'd you get that steel plug Evan's says to weld into the coolant crossover? Or did you deal with it some other way?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
merp said:
Hey, postban, where'd you get that steel plug Evan's says to weld into the coolant crossover? Or did you deal with it some other way?

Have not got that far yet, have had some unexpected delays, minor stuff, progress continues.
The crossover for the THP kit is different and will probably just get capped.
That will be my workaround instead of having it welded.

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
If you ever need a extra set of hands and someone who loves installing car parts, especially Mustangs, shoot me a PM or give me a call, my name is Matt
260 413 1239, I can get to New Baltimore in 2 hour 10 minutes, Ann Arbor 1 hour 38 minutes, So I am just a hop skip and jump away! Really let me know I am more than willing to help, and your ride has to be one of my favorites :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Matt, truly appreciated bro. I have got a great crew of friends here local in the MCT who have helped me so many times. Always good to have another experienced wrench ,such as yourself attend. Mod parties will be coming up.

Jason, I know, you would not believe the delays (not in any way related to THP) been buried with OT at work. So kind of a good/bad delay.

TRBO VNM

postban said:
Matt, truly appreciated bro. I have got a great crew of friends here local in the MCT who have helped me so many times. Always good to have another experienced wrench ,such as yourself attend. Mod parties will be coming up.

Jason, I know, you would not believe the delays (not in any way related to THP) been buried with OT at work. So kind of a good/bad delay.

I hear ya. if you are getting paid for the OT, definitely not bad at all. wish I could get OT pay. then maybe my turbo would be paid for by now.

I know its hard to get done when you work full time. when I was doing mine if I got 3hrs in one night after work I was doing very good.

Users who are viewing this thread