Mini Cooper S

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If I was looking at a 2007-2010 vehicle for a DD that was FWD and had a turbo 4 cylinder in it I would be looking at the 2008-2010 Cobalt SS.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Thing is, they don't really lose value. Those cars have excellent resale.

yeah that's what I remember running in to when I was looking at them...the used prices were so high with like 40-50k miles on them it made more sense to shop for new ones:shrug:

MLMike25

Established Member
My wife is on her 2nd Cooper (not an S). The first one was an 02 (first generation in the US) and it started to show the transmission problems the first generation was known for.

We traded it in last month for an 09. She loves it. They DO hold their resale value. Its a nice car. I would never own one for myself, but its good for her.

BTW, there is a Mini Cooper culture like you wouldn't believe. They're pretty heavily into modding their cars (some performance, but mostly non-performance). Its interesting.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I watched some dude in a Cooper S beat yellow/red light at an intersection. He took that left turn at 60 mph like he was stuck to the road. If I'd a tried that in the Mach I the ass end of the car would have spun out in front of me.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
I sell MINI's here in north Houston and can honestly say before working here I thought they were lame. After driving them and being around them, they are an absolute blast to drive. I think my next big purchase might have to be a MINI as a DD.

I would definitely steer clear of automatic MINI's before 2005. The CVT transmission was a huge POS.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

firebird1999us

Established Member
I sell MINI's here in north Houston and can honestly say before working here I thought they were lame. After driving them and being around them, they are an absolute blast to drive. I think my next big purchase might have to be a MINI as a DD.

I would definitely steer clear of automatic MINI's before 2005. The CVT transmission was a huge POS.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

I was going to say of all the dealerships we went to the combo mini/BMW dealer was the coolest to deal with. No pressure and knew a lot about the car:beer:

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Had two friends that ordered their mini's in the last couple of years. When they arrived, the dealer wouldn't negotiate on price whatsoever. Nice. One bought hers, she had to have it.

The other, instead, went and test drove a VW R32, and bought it on the spot. He is very, very happy with that car, and even I gotta say the R32 is a LOT of fun to drive. Torquey V6, 6-speed, AWD, great handling and good looks.

Before you pick up a Mini, drive an R32.

Users who are viewing this thread