min word length on when searching.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Right now it's 4 letters. Can you change it to 3? There are a lot of 3 letter words like TPS and AIC that can't be search because of the min length.

BBriBro

Established Member
I can relate to this as well. Many times people get chewed out for not searching, and in my case, many times searching is not even possible. I try to search as much as possible, and I try to narrow it down as much as possible (remember we have a VERY active forum, and broad searches just don't cut it) My most recent failed searches have been for "SSR" , "GT3", "BFG" , "KDW", "JLT", "CAI" "buy" (as in, where to buy BF Goodrich KDW-2) I never really thought of it, but I seem to search for an aweful lot of 3 letter words, which aren't allowed. Most people in these forums prefer acronyms, (quicker to type, just lazy, whatever) But If I search for COLD AIR INTAKE, that won't do much good, since most people call it a CAI. And searching for BF Goodrich isn't the same, since most people simply call them BFG. what to do, what to do.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Decreasing the limit from 4 letters to 3 can dramatically increase the load on the database. I will change it so we can try it for a while, but if it affects performance I will have to change it back.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread