Military Police Job

Fuerza

Established Member
What are you talking about??

None of that is good advice.

He shouldn't just simply fail out of MP school thinking he can jump into another branch.

What makes you think the Air Force wants to recruit a prior service person who's failed 2 schools and has a revoked clearance?

But yea what do we know we are full of crap:nono:

You really missed the point of their posts.

Suggesting for someone to "wash out" of anything is never a good idea.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that guys "idea" is a piss poor one.

Good luck OP. I was enlisted MP and I personally loved what I did. I'm now commissioned in Field Artillery so my world is different from what is used to be. Never give up on your dreams, the military is only what you as an individual make of it.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I was an MP for 6 years and I LOVED IT!!! Working in the states and deployments were great. When we deployed, we did missions in the cities. I was part of a small detachment of 15 of us on Sryian border this past tour. Plenty of contact (not the friendly kind), memorable moments, interesting sights, ect.

Here is a picture of my team. MMT-4 Worked with IPA (contractors), Seals, 82nd, and HALO. Couldn't have asked for a better mission

My love for the law helped me as well while in the states. Like previously stated. it has to be a passion. Like that with any job though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
man you can just wait till you get to your first duty station and go to selection for Special Forces, psyop civil affairs there are a lot of options or just wait till you can re-enlist and re-calss to a different MOS

03cobraracer

Established Member
Being a MP really is what you make of it. im an active duty Army MP in germany right now and most of the time i like the job. i also have a passion for law enforcement though as well. right now i work the road as a garrison MP doing patrol, but ive also deployed and have gottent to learn some cool things. Its really not a bad job unless you make it one. if you have a bad attitude about it like i see alot of people do you will be miserable, cause you do have long hours, work holidays and weekends, etc. sorry to hear about EOD school i was supposed to do that originally but went MP instead. goodluck man

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
What is Halo?

High Altitude Low Opening. A military parachute free fall technique in which the jumper jumps from a high altitude and opens their chute at a low altitude. There is also HAHO (High Altitude High Opening). It all depends on the mission.

I retired after 22 years as an MP. It had its ups and downs just like any job, but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

03cobrah

Established Member
It seems to be one of those MOS's that are what you make them. I had BMOS of 5811 for almost a year when I got to my permanent duty station. I hated it quite a bit, but that's probably mostly because I was only a Lance and there's a ton of shit detail to hand out at PMO, and as an "outsider" who was FAP'd (yeah I said fapped), it was an easy choice for them to hand the crap stuff out to for a while. Eventually it turned out not to be too bad once we started riding along and responding to calls, but I saw a lot of people who were miserable in that MOS, and some others who really had a passion for it.

I don't know if your branch does it like mine, but my best advice to you is if you're going the MP route, make sure to keep your ass in check for as long as possible once you get to your duty station and make sure to follow the lead of the right mentors. This should be true for any MOS, but when I was at my particular PMO post, a lot of guys had determined whether they were going to loathe or love their lives for the next X number of years within the first couple months of getting to their base.
oh really devil dog i guess we were just hooking other marines up

Users who are viewing this thread