Military family in need of a DD.. in MD

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
My neighbor is in need of a reliable Daily driver, decent on gas and must be a 4 door able to handle at least 5 people (4 kids under 12). Their car has died and her husband is currently stationed in Djibouti (until September). If anyone knows of a car that would fit their needs please let me know.. They can afford up to around 2K.
Thanks for the help

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'll ask around. Stick, Auto, or doesn't matter?

Way off topic, but I should be able to get those tires from you this weekend. Wifey wanted to wait until she got paid Friday for me to get them from you. Will you be around?

Last edited:

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
Thanks Mike. an A/T would be best but they can also drive a stick if need be! I'll be around Friday evening and Saturday Just let me know. Here's my number (973) 668-8069 :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok. Someone here at work might have just the thing (honda accord 4 door), I need to find out what he wants for it though (along with what, if anything, is wrong with it).

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Will do. Working on him now. Also, I"ll call you tomorrow to work out a pickup time for the tires. I assume cash is acceptable...lol.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks again for the tires :beer:. Ordering the fronts now. I'll try to get some info for you about the Accord Monday.

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
Can't wait to see them on ur car. The tread pattern looks pretty mean. Now I'm off to order my tires. Thanks again Mike, I hope they handle as good as they look and were rated. :rockon:

Definitely let me know how things are with the Accord :)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Can't wait to see them on ur car. The tread pattern looks pretty mean. Now I'm off to order my tires. Thanks again Mike, I hope they handle as good as they look and were rated. :rockon:

Definitely let me know how things are with the Accord :)

Me either. I already ordered the fronts about an hour ago. Now I just need to head to Jasons to drop off the upper intake, check the new fuel rails for leaks, and button stuff up while I wait for the upper to get coated. Hoping it'll see the road soon.

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
Any word on the Accord. They are still looking for a decent Daily Driver.
I have to take a look at a 2001 Ford taurus this evening for them. But I'm guessing they will still be looking tommorrow :rolling:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Nothing yet. He's waffling. He just got a 98GT, but it's already left him on the side of the road (clutch cable broke) and now he's worried about selling the Honda. I'll have the Mustang at my house this weekend so I can fix all the other crap wrong with it (there is plenty, and his uncle already fixed the cable for him...for 70 bucks!).

That was the best lead I had. I'll ask my neighbor to see if he knows anyone selling anything reliable on the cheap.

Btw, my front tires came in yesterday...should have them all mounted this weekend if things go as planned.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Way past time really. It's been sitting for close to 6 years now. It started as a quick engine rebuild (it was supposed to be done in time for Ford Fever a month or two from when I tore it down), but the machine shop with the block took months, and by the time I got it back, we'd put a contract on a house and my extra car money when to home upgrades.

Since then it's been a slow (very slow) process getting it back up to snuff. There is still plenty I want to do to the car, but at least now it's about ready to at least be driven around town until I break it in so it can get tuned. Talked with the boss, and the tires will get mounted tomorrow. So as soon as Jason's guy finishes the upper intake, I'll put it back on, check it over for problems and re-up the tags.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Still looking? My co-worker is going to sell his accord as soon as I get his Mustang back to him. Assuming all goes well, that should be the end of this week, early next week. I'm mostly waiting on gaskets.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok cool. I should have it together by the end of the week. Assuming it's all working ok, he should be ready to sell his accord very soon afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread