Military Discounts

jcveron

Established Member
Post up places that you know of that give out military dicounts. Stores, restaurants, hotels, etc. Ill start...

I was at Izzo's Illegal Burrito last night and I asked if there was a military discount and they said sure. I expected like 10% off at the most. My bill was 24 dollars and some change. THEY TOOK 30% off!!! It brought my bill down to 17.03! thats awesome! :rockon:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Under armuor outlet gives 10% and so does Lowes and Home Depot. Finishline and footlocker is 20%.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Let's see.. off the top of my head.
Lethal Performance about a 5%
D'Agistino Racing about 5-10%
Ron Davis radiators 10%
There are a plethora of restraunts all you have to do is usually just ask if they do
Most auto parts stores will if you ask. I know Kragens etc does for a fact.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
O'Reilly Autoparts does.
Not sure on the % but the guy behind the counter gave me a decent discount even though I told him no. lol

THE_STIG

Established Member
Verizon wireless gives military discounts, as well as Applebee's. My local Ford dealer normally gives me a discount on service.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I very very rarely ask about military discounts, IMO I feel cheap doing it. The only place that I usually use my discount for it Lethal Performance. Most places in Killeen did give discount though and they would ask you if you where military. Lowes is one I remember really well cause I was always there. Most of the time without my ID though so I didnt bother with the discount.

Rochard

Established Member
I remember when I was in the Marines - this was a long time ago - when I went home on leave people used to ask if I was in the military, and usually I ate for free or got drinks for free. It was a much nicer time.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll ask at parts stores and such when I am spending more than a few bucks.

Most places will give you one, but I never expect it, and gracefully accept a no.

The BMW dealer here doesnt offer "military discount", but the guy will give you a "customer courtesy" discount if he isnt a dick.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
I wont ask for it, I dont feel like Im better than anybody else. I usually get it from online purchases just because I live on base and they recognize Im military.

blackfang

Established Member
I wont ask for it, I dont feel like Im better than anybody else.

Exactly. I have never ever asked for one because I am no different than a Firefighter, a police officer, etc. I chose to enlist and chose that lifestyle so why ask to get kickbacks because of what I chose.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Exactly. I have never ever asked for one because I am no different than a Firefighter, a police officer, etc. I chose to enlist and chose that lifestyle so why ask to get kickbacks because of what I chose.

Firefighters and police officers typically get pretty decent discounts too. We volunteered to put our lives on the line for this country when needed, any time, any place, any condition. If a company feels like I deserve a break then God bless them. If they don't want to give me a discount than that is perfectly fine.

Oakley gives KILLER discounts to military, law enforcement and firefighters/public safety through usstandardissue.com

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/

Sports Authority gives 25%

Sports Chalet gives 20%

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
When I worked for O'Reilly Autoparts (previously mentioned) there was an option for giving a military discount. It wasn't very good, but it did help on some products.

I worked in an Air Force town (Great Falls, MT for those who have been stationed there), and if you came in and were in the military and weren't a prick, I usually gave you the City of Great Falls discount, which was the best discount the store could get. The 5% given on the parts for the military discount wasn't enough IMO.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member

you must be a chair force employee hahahahah

Sorry but marines like to keep the money they actually worked hard for... thats why someone would want a so called "kickback"

Users who are viewing this thread