Mileage question for you guys...

Mika

Established Member
...are there any stock L's out there? What kind of mileage are you getting? Are there any mods that will help out with the mileage(intake, exhaust to help the engine breathe a bit better)? TIA.

Mika

203Cree

Established Member
I'm pretty much stock as far as motor goes, i'm seein around 18 on the hwy and anywhere from 12-16 city. avg about 16 a tank

Mika

Established Member
Thanks man. I was expecting somewhere around 13-17. I get around 18 in my STi, but that's only 4 cylinders;)

Mika

Teal Terminator

Established Member
My motor is stock except for JLP CAI and I usually see 13-14 mpg around town and 17-18 on the highway. I've been told if you get a custom tune you can usually drag another 1 to 2 mpg out of the trucks since they are set up to run so rich from the factory. I have no personal experience with that however. Others have also suggested installing an elec. fan setup to gain some mpg. And with all that said, it doesnt matter to me b/c its worth every last dollar spent on gas for the :) on my face when the pedal meets the floor board!

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
I havnt noticed that much difference in mileage since i added the electric fans to my 03. I get bout 14-15 in city and maybe 16-17 on highway if I keep my foot out of it. I have a tuner, line valve mod, cold air kit, electric fans, but also a heavy tonneau cover
Mickey

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i just took a trip to New York and i filled up before i left and got ~315miles out of a tank with mods in sig...plus nittos

Mika

Established Member
Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I was expecting. I finally found a decent deal on a Lightning(I think its decent). '04 black, 11K miles, $28k. I know that's what most of you guys were paying brand new with the Ford rebates, but Ford doesn't offer rebates anymore on this truck;). What's ya'lls take?

Mika

Bootbox

Established Member
If you buy in TX, you're going to pay for an '04. Deal sounds fine to me if you have to have one that new.

The guys up north get better deals because of the winters they get, it's not as easy to move the truck up there. In the warm weather states it's a different ballgame.

svt_racing

Established Member
Mika said:
Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I was expecting. I finally found a decent deal on a Lightning(I think its decent). '04 black, 11K miles, $28k. I know that's what most of you guys were paying brand new with the Ford rebates, but Ford doesn't offer rebates anymore on this truck;). What's ya'lls take?

Mika

sounds like an ok deal but I'd give a better one on my clean 02 with 32k on here and tastefull mods....I may be in the market to sale very quickly. I'm also in TX

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I've logged the crap out of my milage. I get 15.2 to 15.8 mixed mostly highway at 75+, somewhat light foot. I have a Airraid and hi-flow cats / Jdm silverbullit pipes. Itherwise stock. I just tossed the Predator 91 oct tune on, we'll see if that gets me the 2 more mpg I was hoping for, if not ahh well. I was finally able to push the truck to 335 miles on the tank before the light came one, usually it was right at 300. I'm not noticing my tank drain as quick after putting a new Gatorback on and the 91 oct tune, though I had my foot fully into it a couple times (uh.. checking for pinging or something..) so I'm guessing that probably knocked it down a bit. This tank I'll be driving very light. I'm hoping my pig rich truck has had a little fuel cut out of it's tables and will break the 16 mpg mixed mark. If it makes you feel any better my uncle just came down in his 03 Standard cab F150 with the 5.4 4x4 and he's getting 17mpg on the freeway. I don't feel so bad anymore. He used to talk smack about my gas hog, stopped him dead in his tracks with my 1.5 mpg less and 0 to 60 times.

Mika

Established Member
The '04 is actually in Kansas City(carmax). They'd ship it down here for $150.

Svtracing, I appreciate the offer, but I need to trade in my STi, and take care of financing as well. So basically I need to go through a dealer. I'm a bit too lazy to go through the banks. BTW, your truck looks damn clean. Big thumbs up:).

Bootbox, what year/miles truck would you feel comfortable getting? I also found an '04 with 31K for $25,200. This is nearby too. I honestly don't feel comfortable getting a truck that has too many miles on it, mainly 'cuz I'm pretty anal about taking care of my vehicle and few people out there are like I am.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm glad to see that there's quite a few cool folks out there:).

Mika

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That is a okay deal but when you go up there they can't add the sales tax in with the loan. At least that is what they told me when I went up there to get my 00L.

bready

Established Member
From stock, is there anything i can do to get better gas mileage? Currently im only getting around 12 in the city, new owner and havent taken it out of town yet.

info please! ,thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread