Milage to much on a 98 cobra

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i am looking at buying a 98 cobra. the current milage is 38,xxx.

is this considered low milage for a 98. i am in the market for a 94-98 cobra but with low miles. what is everyones opinion on the milage?

also, there is a blower on the car and he said it dynoed at 489 rwhp. how much can these blocks handle?

thnaks in advace
steve

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Internals are good to 450. BUT, some will say that with a great tune, you can go forever on it, and they maybe right, but I can also tell you that I'm from outer space, and you couldn't really disprove that either. If the engine is forged, the skys the limit assuming it was done right and with the right parts. You did ask about the block, so I will answer that question, probaly 1000 rwhp. There have been many that have made a LOT with them.

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
My car has 110,xxx. i bought it in 2003 with 41,000. I considered it to have low miles then. Most people will consider 10,000 miles a year to be about average.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
wow, youl ike to drive your car. good for you. my 03 cobra only has 6k miles on it. how does it run witht hat many miles on it. does it still pull hard? meaning does it still drive the same as it did when it had 41k miles

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I bought it to drive and I love driving it!:rockon:

It was stock when I got it, and with the exhaust, gears and chip it pulls much nicer now. Nowhere near where your terminator will for sure - but enough to get me in trouble.

I'll drive it till it wears out, restore it to better than new and then drive some more. :-D

It's nearly paid for.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
its nice when they are paid off, but thanks for your opinions. i hope to find a really nice low milage cobra soon to add to my stable.

if you know of any let me know please.

steve

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
That's really low 33k My god why even have the car if your not going to drive it:shrug: My 96 has 96k and i think that's not bad.

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
Those are awesome miles my 98 has around 46,000 and that's only because I couldn't keep my azz in Florida, it's getting harder and harder to find "low" mileage SN95 Cobra's so that's a good look!

Black Mamba

FUNNY?...FUNNY HOW?
Established Member
Those are awesome miles my 98 has around 46,000 and that's only because I couldn't keep my azz in Florida, it's getting harder and harder to find "low" mileage SN95 Cobra's so that's a good look!

Last edited:

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes thats low milage, these blocks can handle over 1000HP buts its the pistons and rods you have to worry about on these cars with forced induction. If the car has anything more than 10psi I would bump the boost down to 8psi or 10psi at the most. The max boost I would run on these cars is 10psi and I would only do this with a very safe tune and some type of intercooler/aftercooler.
Mark

97SVT#777

Established Member
My '97 has 148K and it still runs like new. Had the blower on from 125K till a few weeks ago and never had a problem. Best mustang I've owned.

Users who are viewing this thread