MIL sensors

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Am i the only one? or do these things just flat out suck?

i have a stock manifolds off road X pipe 96 Cobra and im on my second pair of these SVE MIL eliminators and i can't shake the CEL and i have had the codes pulled plenty of times and all the codes are for the rear 2 02 sensors...
to make matters worse my inspection is almost a month over due

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I've heard of people running O2 spacers with good success, FWIW. May be worth looking into.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I have had them for 2 years with my cats hollow and they work perfect for me, one went bad and I got a new set free from American muscle.

Can't complain! And my check light has never been on besides when one went bad
(My fauly from melting on my exhaust)

mcusey01

Established Member
I've had mine for about 6 months now. No real issues or CEL unless I really get on it. (I have a gutted catted h)

jmsa540

Established Member
I have brand new sensors in the reat with the mils.. light still comes on.. gonna have to do a true dyno tune soon

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
My CEL still came and went as well when I bought MIL's last year. Got a tuner from bama and it finally got rid of it.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
well i have 4 new 02s 2 up stream and 2 down stream and brand new MILs from 50 resto and im still getting the CEL, had the codes pulled a few days before i put all this in and the guy said all the codes were about the 02 sensors... so these things must really suck

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
I tried the plug in mils and I also made mils from radio shack parts,from a schematic I saw posted here. Neither worked long for me. I went with the spacers & have not had any problem since.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I have a tuner but used to have MIL eliminators with no issues. What is an o2 spacer though?

96Cobracomander

Established Member
yes im very interested in the spacers, and i do have an exhaust leak (probably from the pipes hitting the ground cuz the car is lowered)

would a small leak trip the 2 tattle tales in the back? even with MILs?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
yes im very interested in the spacers, and i do have an exhaust leak (probably from the pipes hitting the ground cuz the car is lowered)

would a small leak trip the 2 tattle tales in the back? even with MILs?

Very possible.

The spacers are nothing more than spark plug non-foulers drilled out for the O2 to fi in it.

The thread pattern in the same.

Google

Google Image Result for http://poisnus.com/files/Spark%20Plug%20Non%20Fouler%20Mil%20Elims/mil%20elims%20spark%20plug%20fowlers_files/image012.jpg

Available at your local automotive store

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
I also have stock manifolds with an o/r x pipe with 4 mil sensors. I bought 4 but two of them didn't clear the code so AM sent 2 more and the CEL hasn't mocked me since.

Users who are viewing this thread