.Mil Email Address

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I'm trying to purchase a wrist watch model that is only available from the manufacturer. The manufacturer only sells to .mil email/military personnel. Can anyone lend a hand?

Sorry if I'm an asshole for asking.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Usually manufacturers only offer discounts, but it seems like this is a watch that is only available to the military folks? If so, I dont see any harm in somebody helping you out, non-mil getting mil-discounts is what irritates me.

Got a link to the watch you're wanting to buy? Maybe we can find a non-mil place for you to buy it.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Usually manufacturers only offer discounts, but it seems like this is a watch that is only available to the military folks? If so, I dont see any harm in somebody helping you out, non-mil getting mil-discounts is what irritates me.

Got a link to the watch you're wanting to buy? Maybe we can find a non-mil place for you to buy it.

PM sent

They must only sell it to us Servicemen for a reason...

Not the whole story.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry man. But in a lot of the direct from manufacture deals, there is an agreement that you are using it for yourself and not getting it for someone else...

BABVenom98

Established Member
PM sent

Not the whole story.

Then post the whole damn story. Don't come in here asking for a favor and not tell the whole story. For all we know you could try to screw someone over. And I highly doubt anyone is going to give out their military email just so you can get a discount

falke401

Established Member
If you want a military discount or product, join the military. Put up with all of the crap we put up with and you can have the little perks here an there.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Then post the whole damn story. Don't come in here asking for a favor and not tell the whole story. For all we know you could try to screw someone over. And I highly doubt anyone is going to give out their military email just so you can get a discount

It was obvious from your first post you weren't here to help; nor would I want help from a member that joined less than 4 months. Thanks

You may want to post up the whole story then. I don't think anyone would want to throw out their .mil email address for someone they don't know, especially if they don't know the whole way it's getting used.

The whole story is this. The model watch I'm after is available for civilian sale once every blue moon at only one authorized vendor. The one authorized vendor is allowed to sell over-runs of production for the military to civilians. The over-runs for this model are as I said few and far between, it could be next month or next year.

So far I've been after this watch for almost a year and never once seen it available through the vendor. I've read you can order the model directly through the manufacture so long as you have a .mil address which brings me to here.

As I understand it, the transaction is pretty informal just give the watch manufacture the .mil email address over the phone, they send verification to email. pay. done.

If you want a military discount or product, join the military. Put up with all of the crap we put up with and you can have the little perks here an there.

I'm not after a discount. The watch is as military-only as an M.R.E

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm not after a discount. The watch is as military-only as an M.R.E

I've never seen nor heard of a "military" only watch, and I've been in the Navy for almost 20 years..

sure you have watches like the Luminox that meets milspec standards, but still anyone can buy it..

Users who are viewing this thread