MIL Eliminators not working

robs1280

Cruiser-Head
Established Member
So I am trying to pass the Ca smog test and my check engine light keeps popping up even after I installed some MIL Eliminators. I erase the code and it will stay off untill a couple heat/drive cycles, then bam, it's on again. I took my car to get smogged with the light off and it still didn't pass because supposdly their stupid smog machine caught the code that was erased. So, why is my mil eliminators still letting the code to go through? You guys think if I dissconnect the negitive post on the battery it can fool the smog machine by erasing/reseting all stored info? Car has a slp x-pipe with supposedly high flow cats, more like see thru cats :rolling:.

Jroc

Established Member
Not surprising. In many case MIL Eliminators don't work for long. Get your rear o2 sensors cut off in a tune.

I can't tell you about smog test as I live somewhere where I don't get them.

Jroc

Established Member
What do you mean?

Is your car modded? Have you gone to a dyno shop and gotten a dyno tune with a hand held programmer?(SCT, DiabloSport, etc) They can cut your o2 sensors off in a tune which is whats reading that you're not running cats, and that the emissions are bad.

Other popular things that people cut off in their tunes are the shift light, and traction control.

I had all these things cut off in my tune.

Users who are viewing this thread