Might try to sell my bikes, any idea of worth?

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I have two dirtbikes that I am thinking about selling (dad doesnt seem to like the idea), but i need help on determining what I can get for them and I cant go on any bike sites to ask because i've been banned from every one in existance. The thing is i started riding 2 1/2 years ago at age 13, got really good at it, kicked ass racing, and i used to do all kinds of stunts and shit. I was really into it. The problem is last may, my dad helped me buy a race bike and I really got into the sport, loved to ride around. However, the bike is way too obnoxiously loud. My neighbors dont like the rooster tails 30 feet in the air either, or the 40 foot burnouts in the road.The bike gets me in trouble too much though, I have no real place to ride, its too loud, and too powerful for the area I have to ride. I rarely take it to our place in NH because it needs to get reged. up there too. After riding this bike for so long, I am bored of the power of my other bike, so if I sell, both are going. Could any body tell me what I could expect to get for them? Now for the bikes... 2003 Suzuki DR-Z 125 L. This is a good trail bike or beginner bike, has alot of scratches so its appearence has shit the bed. New tires, and runs good though. Probably goes 50-55 MPH.... Now for the rocket... The other bike is a 2001 Yamaha YZ 250. It was in incredable shape when bought, ever crashed it my slef, but i let a guy try it out once and he flipped it on the seat and bars in 2nd. gear. It still looks better than the 03' DR-Z 125 L, just a few scatches on fenders and little damage to the rear of the seat. The bike has more shit than I can remember so I may forget some stuff but here goes... FMF SST pipe, FMF Shorty silencer, V Force reeds,Factory Connection suspension, Port and Polished, Regina chain, aftermarket filter, had new top end...bearings..ect., Wiseco over sized piston, upper and lower cases and clutch at the time I bought it, all are still in great shape, 909 levers, graphics kit, hand protectors, aluminum skid plate, New rear tire. This thing is a beast. If your into the racing, The first day I took it to a now non existent riding area that I had, this kid in a 04' Polaris Predator 500 wanted to run, It was my first time riding the YZ250 so i short shifted to reduce tire spin and put 10 bike lengths on him. No modded Banshee has kept up ever. If any body could tell me what I should be able to sell them for I'd appreciate it. Remember... reason being I have no time, no place to ride, and lets just say I would like to put one of those black superchargers on the Cobra ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread