Might trade BOSS for SHO Taurus...help!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Well gang I have the opportunity to pick up a 13 Taurus SHO loaded to the tits....navi, heated cooled and massaging seats and everything else you can imagine...

It's a demo and only has a few thousand miles on it...going to test drive it in the morning...

My payment would also go down over 100 a month with the Taurus...

Any thoughts on this? I love the BOSS but i'm getting older and love to have all that luxury with decent performance. Do the SHO's pick up a lot of power with just a tune and intake?

Talk to me gang! What should I do????

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I thought of doing this a few months back when few found out we were expecting another kiddo. I really wanted a SHO with the track/performance package. It would have more room, and still be quick. But after looking at the prices we decided to keep the boss. The SHO's are cool but dont really compare to the boss. Get one with the performance pack if you decide to do it.

BOSS2664

Established Member
Wow, I can understand this if you need extra doors/comfort features for a family.
If not, and the Boss is too raw, then why not a loaded GT?
These are 2 different animals and you would be losing the tremendous low end torque feel of the V8. When I messed around with turbo cars it was easier to hop them up. Raise boost, add fuel, unrestricted intake and huge exhaust was the recipe. Not sure how easy it is with the newer turbo cars ie. the SHO.
I would also be concerned about the used status of the SHO you are looking at. Demo or not, you just aren't sure how it was treated. I'm sure it is more labor intensive for service on the SHO also.
Good luck with your decision!

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Get the Charger SRT8. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Taurus if you go that route.
Heated and cooled seats
V8
Much better exhaust note
Heated steering wheel
Heated and colled cupholders!
Better handling
Better resale
Better aftermarket
RWD

I drove both the SHO and SRT8 and the SHO felt more cramped,, had a quiet exhaust note and it was boring to drive compared to the SRT8/

Last edited:

tkeinia

Established Member
my wife and I just tested a sho with the performance pack. i liked it and my wife loved it. but i would not give up my boss for it, we plan of buying it in a few months.

isrboss

Established Member
I vote for the M3 if you want very similar performance and creature features. To me a Taurus SHO will never be that car you hoped it would be. It will always just be a Taurus, may as well just get a loaded non SHO. If your a die hard Ford guy and won't by anything but a Ford. Your only option is a loaded GT500 if you don't need extra space.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
ive got the same car, but a 2011. its a blast to drive, the best sleeper ever. with livernois tunes they go mid to low 12s@110-117.

mie also gets great milage for its size and being awd. we love ours. i say go for it.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
ive got the same car, but a 2011. its a blast to drive, the best sleeper ever. with livernois tunes they go mid to low 12s@110-117.

mie also gets great milage for its size and being awd. we love ours. i say go for it.

This.

86Fbody

Established Member
I had read/heard that they can make some serious power just uping the boost, those Ecoboost motors are awesome. I would go for it.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
I have a 2010 SHO. Sold my 03 Lightning for it. Best car I have ever owned. It has a Livernois tune, intake, exhaust, and is lowered on H&Rs. It's the best of both worlds. Luxury, good gas mileage, power, space, and reliability. Here's a couple pics of mine.
4y3y8eva.jpg

se9ahy4e.jpg

ede8u8et.jpg

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The Boss is a man's car, ill leave it at that

Sent from my office in the Bureau

cloud9

Established Member
The Boss is a man's car, ill leave it at that

Sent from my office in the Bureau
That's funny....I have a Boss (well and a GT500) but I just bought my wife a '13 SHO. That said the SHO is awesome in the winter......running a 12.x 1/4 in 10 degree weather is pretty cool ;) We paid 39k (48k msrp) and this thing is loaded. An M3 would be in the 60s comparably equipped.

Heated, cooled and massaging seats, heated wheel, electric rear window shade, adaptive cruise, park assist (I know but you can't outdo the computer on this one), cross traffic sensors, blind spot sensors, collision warning system, moon roof, awesome stereo system, nav, paddle shift sport mode, SYNC, and the high beams automatically sense other traffic and go on and off automatically. The electronics in a sub 40k car are ridiculous. It handles amazingly well for a 4300 lb car and as others have stated it's a rocket ship.

At the end of the day I wouldn't give up my Boss for a SHO, but if I had to choose it would be a tough decision unless you're tracking it. If you do track (road race) the car then it's the Boss hands down.

Last edited:

redline

Established Member
i own a boss and a sho . it depends on what your needs are but you can make a sho fast.all it takes is moola

ArabianOak

Established Member
well gang I test drove the SHO this morning...awesome power, awesome interior and awesome options. Gonna be tough! The BOSS is a raw heavy hitter like mike Tyson in his day and the SHO is like Ali, smooth fast and pretty. LOL.

leaning toward the SHO...comes with so much shit and it has a free 2 year maintenance plan.

04nccobra

Established Member
Well gang I have the opportunity to pick up a 13 Taurus SHO loaded to the tits....navi, heated cooled and massaging seats and everything else you can imagine...

It's a demo and only has a few thousand miles on it...going to test drive it in the morning...

My payment would also go down over 100 a month with the Taurus...

Any thoughts on this? I love the BOSS but i'm getting older and love to have all that luxury with decent performance. Do the SHO's pick up a lot of power with just a tune and intake?

Talk to me gang! What should I do????

If you are looking for a 4-door performance car the real choice would be a 392 SRT8 Charger, the car is bad-ass fast, comfortable, and looks great. Stock for stock it would give your Boss a run. Now there is tuning out there for it. I almost grabbed one when I purchased my past Challenger.

86Fbody

Established Member
If you are looking for a 4-door performance car the real choice would be a 392 SRT8 Charger, the car is bad-ass fast, comfortable, and looks great. Stock for stock it would give your Boss a run. Now there is tuning out there for it. I almost grabbed one when I purchased my past Challenger.

Unless I am looking in the wrong place there is no 392 SRT8 Charger but there is a Challenger, and I doubt in anything other then a straight line the Challenger could give a Boss a run for it's money.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Get the Charger SRT8. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Taurus if you go that route.
Heated and cooled seats
V8
Much better exhaust note
Heated steering wheel
Heated and colled cupholders!
Better handling
Better resale
Better aftermarket
RWD

I drove both the SHO and SRT8 and the SHO felt more cramped,, had a quiet exhaust note and it was boring to drive compared to the SRT8/

Good points but also make sure to be friendly with your service rep because you will spend a lot of time with him. I know I work for Dodge.
If it was not for recalls and garabge I would not have a job.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Unless I am looking in the wrong place there is no 392 SRT8 Charger but there is a Challenger, and I doubt in anything other then a straight line the Challenger could give a Boss a run for it's money.
There is a 392 charger and its $$ is like the boss. We have a white super bee in the show room. I would rather drive a prius with a rainbow then a DODGE.

Users who are viewing this thread