Might have to sell the snake...

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
My new insurance quote from GEICO is 3000. NOT 12 months... 6 months! I will be spending 1200 a month on my car, and that is WAY too much. I will be shopping around next week for some new estimates. But if things don't look good I may be forced to sell my baby... my first car... the car that I've always wanted :nonono:

Being 22 and 7 points on my license doesn't help at all. Maybe I can hire a lawyer and have my points expunged? I have to think my situation over the weekend. But I am torn...

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: Damn bro. 7 points?

Yeah id say that's the killer. Bro dont u have a Dad or Mom that can hook u up with there plan? Other solution is to have the car paid off fully.

My worst year was 3500 but in 1 year.

Good Luck & hope it works out for ya.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I'm at like neg 8, age 24... hard to tell what I would have to pay. Have 4 speeding tickets from the past 3 years. None reckless, but tickets....so bad enough, and I drive a Hyundai, so my car isn't fast enough to even get a reckless ticket..unless it was for going to slow...!! ROFL!! So just to think if I actually drove something with a real engine..

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Bro, from my personal experience GEICO is a good deal for those w/ perfect records and that's about it. Again, just my personal experience.

Try All State, I've always liked them. Call around, though. Quotes vary so much its amazing. And, hey, if you have renter's insurance or home owner's insurance check with that insurer b/c they'll usually cut you a break on the premium if you have your home and car insured with them.

Good luck, man. You have a great car -- hate to see you let it go. Still, you gotta do what's best for you financially.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Yes, you can get a lawyer to help you drop some of those points. I had a lawyer help me get some convictions dropped down to traffic shcool. 24 hours of driving school later my convictions were cut down to half and saved me a ton on insurance. It worth a try at least.

ssssnake

Established Member
Man, every quote I've gotten from GEICO has been the most outrageous I've ever seen! I'd never use them. Our driving records aren't bad and we're old. The only problem is that we only drive and insure one car. They can forget it. I pay Farmers $150 a month.

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
How do you go about getting your points droped by a lawer? Like what kind of stuff do they and you have to do to do that?

I'm not sure but it can be done. You have to go to court and talk before a judge on why your points must be expunged. Which would mean clearing your driving record.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
GEICO sucks for insurance price I pay 1000 a year at age 25. I called GEICO to see home much they wanted 3800 for insurance I LMAO off ocer the phone and told the lady arnt you going to save me money. she asked how much I was paying and i told her and she said....drum rolll......"thats imposable for it to be that price" click as i hung up the phone still lmao

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
I forgot to add i have had a perfect record sofar so that has no bearing on there prices

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
when shopping for insurance get the phone book out get ready to spend 2 hours or more and call ever one that sells auto insurance thats what i do for my bike when i had it i had prices from 5500 to 480 a year

stevieb

Established Member
Dude sorry to hear of your situation, been there done that. But to be perfectly honest it is because of your age and the points on your record. And I find it very doubtful you are going to find anything reasonably priced, given your age, type of car and ontop of all that youre in Calif, unless you can just get liability (cant be any lienholder though).
When I was your age I wanted a 911 or a vette, and the prices were $3500 year plus with a $10k deductable. That was around 1975, so make the necessary inflation factors and it was as bizarre as your situation. My buddy who was my agent said the only way I could afford to have a nice car to where the rates didnt kill me was you had to be 50 years old with a clean record....I thought what b.s
Well he was and is right. Im not trying to rub nothing in so dont get this post wrong. Good luck in solving your situation

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Stevie,

I totally agree with you. Sometimes you need to learn the hard way. I'm like that... and it really sucks that it takes something like this to "learn." It will take 2 more years of clean driving to get these points away from the insurance company (they look back 3 years) and 1 year to have a clean state license (2 years). But I think that is pretty much the same for every other state. Arrghh I'm pissed at myself. Glad to know some people care about how I feel. I really appreciate the kind words and advice.

<~~ Stoopid bish could care less... she pisses me off :fm:

stevieb

Established Member
Thanks for the acknowledgement. Im sorry to say, life is the best experience. Talk about being stoopid and foolish. I got so many tickets at that time (had the fastest street bike made at the time), I sold it and bought a VW beatle, Ill be a SOB the 2nd day I had it I got a ticket for racing another bug. Hows that for a Darwin award?
I have an almost 16 yo son who I just got a 64 ranchero (his choice, not mine) and he is seeing how expensive owning a car is going to be.
When I was researching insurance for the Cobra, they wanted to know my record for the last 6 years and how many claims I made. They said if I had even 1 ticket they wouldnt touch me.
I thought it prudent to buy a radar detector, if it saves me from 1 or 2 tickets it would have more than paid for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread