Might be picking up 2006 GT...need opinions.

Raven519

Established Member
Stopped by a local ford dealer and they have a 2006 GT with only 8200 miles on it. A quick run of the numbers, I was offered $17,250 for my Jeep as a trade-in and out the door it would cost me $4500. So total would be $21,750. Is that a reasonable price for one? Any issues I should know about when looking at these cars?

I took it for a test drive and it felt solid, no rattles or anything and sounded decent and is in pretty much perfect shape. Its mostly stock with the exception being a flowmaster exhaust.

08nastygt

Established Member
Thats not to bad but, you could always find a little cheaper. Still 21k with that low of miles on a 06 isn't bad. I always look at what you get the car for minus taxes and all the other stupid fees.

Raven519

Established Member
Its roughly 19.5k before all the tax, title and license fees are added. Judging by other dealers who are asking 24k for ones with 20k+ miles this doesn't seem to be that bad of a deal.

V8Demon

Established Member
Depending on your location and the options you may be hard pressed to find a better price right now.... A 2008 with 60k+ miles recently sold at a dealership up here for $19,000 before tax, title, and reg. The car had a "clunk in the rear too that the dealer did not fix which was present when the previous owner dropped the car off (I know the previous owner -- it's a bad UCA).

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Depending on your location and the options you may be hard pressed to find a better price right now.... A 2008 with 60k+ miles recently sold at a dealership up here for $19,000 before tax, title, and reg. The car had a "clunk in the rear too that the dealer did not fix which was present when the previous owner dropped the car off (I know the previous owner -- it's a bad UCA).

There are deals out there if you know what you are doing...just takes time. Thats a 5 + year old car going for ALMOST what it probably sticker'd. I would not bite on that car unless they take off $2-3,000

Users who are viewing this thread