Might be buying an 03 cobra today, need help!

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
First off, I'm looking at several different ones. Some with miles, some with no miles. Depending uopn the deal I get will decide which I buy. So, I need to know on the used ones, what to lookout for? What is this tink I keep hearing about?

I also need to know how much you guys paid for your 03's X plan or not. I have access to X plan but I've been hearing that people are getting waaaay better deals on these 03' cobras that are still on the lot. I've been seeing some coupes for 29,900 and some verts for 31,500.

I've got my eye on this 10th anniversary Torch coupe and just can't wait to take this thing home. Guys, help me out! Give me some good info. I need this car! I've been in withdrawal since my old 99' NOS cobra. Thanks in advance.

xxxzach

Established Member
go for 3000 below invoice pricing if you're getting an 03. Xplan is a waste of time on the 03's and has ended for use on 03's. I might try and purchase a left over 03 black coupe i found, in which case, i will not settle for anything more than 29k (and if that falls through i could get a used 03 for 25-26k anyway).

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
You can get 03 Anniv Cobra verts here for $32K and coupes for $28K, that's new car prices by the way.

1992B4C

Established Member
I paid $28,800 last Novemeber 31st for mine. By now, hopefully cheaper than that. Hope this helps.

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
MINE WAS 29K OFF OF THIS SITE W/ 1300MILES AND A PRO 5.0 INSTALLED AND THAT WAS LAST LABOR DAY. NO ISSUES AT ALL AND THE CAR IS BEAUTIFUL.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
A local dealer has 2 leftover 10th Anniversary coupes (black and silver). Both are being offered for $31,150.

I paid less than that for mine, but that was late last year when there was a $2500 rebate AND this dealer was willing to sell me the car for $1250 under invoice...with no haggling. So I essentially got the car for $3750 under invoice without any haggling or special price plans.

-Greg

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Originally posted by Craig99SVT
I've got my eye on this 10th anniversary Torch coupe and just can't wait to take this thing home. Guys, help me out! Give me some good info. I need this car! I've been in withdrawal since my old 99' NOS cobra. Thanks in advance.

Where is this 10th Aniv? I'm in the market too ... here in GA and there is an Redfire 03 here and here

Unselfishly showing you 2 on my final list. ;-)

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Please welcome the newest member of the 03' crowd

After getting off of work at 7:30 AM Tuesday morning and dismantling my Harley truck of its stereo which took to around noon, I took the 2.5 hour drive to Griffin,GA and bought their 03' 10th anniversary cobra. It was brand new, never titled with 150 miles on it. After test driving it, there was no returning home with the truck,lol. :-D

I got a real good deal on it (X plan - rebate - other discounts came to around 31k). I thought that was pretty good considering it was anniversary edition that was very hard for me to find that was still new. I also got a very good deal on my trade in or I wouldn't have even done this deal. I did hate to part with the Harley and if my finances were any better I would have had both but if I didn't buy this car now, I wouldn't have ever been able to find another Torch red 10th coupe that was brand new. I'm very happy with the car, it pulls like crazy up top and is deathly quiet. I can't wait to start modding it (Borla & Steeda CAI and Tri-Ax).

Let the modding begin! :D

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Oh, I forgot to mention I was up 28 straight hours to buy this car! It made for a scary ride up there but the ride back I wide awake. :burnout:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm getting an 03 Vert tomorrow.....$3000 below invoice. They had to fix some chips on it....if the work is PERFECT...I pick it up tomorrow night....IF I'm not satisfied...I'll be coming home in an 04 Silver coupe...for a grand more. Either way, I'm coming home 120hp faster than my CL.

Users who are viewing this thread