Midwest shot out

davidmax

Established Member
I would love to attend the MWC and run the the speed trials as bad as the next guy.I'm proud of Hank and his partner as being 2 young guys co-ordinating a serious race.
It will cost me close to 2500 + motels and diesal.wear and tear on the trailer and thr Dullie.
I would like to see everyone throw down some cash for Hank to hold and do payouts to the top 10% of the finishers and a minimum 8 car $$$$ split.
I dont look to make money on this but ifI won 1500.00 to offset the transportation and other costs I would be more motivated and we would have to shutdown for 2 days and our work is healthy,booked on Large orders for 3+ months out,so I dont want to be wreckless and take a bunch of people,maybe Chad and I could come up with the trailer and 1 or 2 Stangs(If 2 Fit close).If only 1 fit it would be the beast.
I have to do a whole new front end tubular and I am great at setting up the 8.8" solid rears and suspension but front ends I leave to 1 of 4 guys in the shop.
Just got sponsored by a great brake co so 6 piston front on 14" rotors and RR 14" slotted with 4 piston desig,n,new master cylimder and stainless lines and pads.So I cant wait to be a car that stops from 150-0 as strong as 0-150.
Any how I will speak with Bill about slotting me in and I may pay some weekend overtime,to a couple of guys.
If we can have 40 entries no rules the top 10 should split the pot equal EX:50 entrants ay 500.00 a pop 20000.00 pot and 1-10 get an equal 2 grand a piece,2,000 would pay the expenses for folks like me travelling from AZ to Indiana(been there done that picking up some joint ventures with John Lingenfelter (R.I.P) one of the greatest race minds in drag racing in the lAST 5 DECADES so I have drove from Decatar IN. and back to AZ.with just a 900rwhp car no trailers.made good time.
So if your going lets see how much we all agree on pot money and how much per car entry we chip in and how its divied.
I went 10 way since its friendly,I usually race for money and last night the beast won some hearts and wallets,heck with theese cars I may up my boost by 5 Lbswhich would raise it to another 85-95 rwhp and that along with a huge single intercooler would do 110 rwhp addition.
It would be 1 insane car,its already STUPID FAST!!!.
But when that ATI starts whisteling along with the stainless 3" exaust al the way back sing there song through the 3" ID Maggies its a symphony,of the 1970 overture (not to be confused with the 1812 overture,this ones faster.So Suspension time to install it I already have the cage welded in and my helmet is polished.
I sure hope we can do some mods and I have the money(not if you ask big mamma) its just we have to work so hard at getting customers cars out the door,plus I have my Darton sleeve short block done and the present heads 5 hours on them but we got our research and now next week we will track test it and then the stroker 427 with the Darton wet sleeves and then we will ,take the heads out for larger valves hog them out by hand which Sean Hyland does all my stage 4 heads and the new cam and discplacement bore and stroke conbo the bore is to 382 C.I. and the 4" stroke will take her out to 422 that everyones calls a 427,the only real one is the C5R and thats an 8,000 peso block,yet no advantage the Darton IMHO will have better longevity due to wider and more water jackets for a long lfe 525 rwhp motor N/A and at my cost without tubbing or cage will be around7,000 andI just dropped 9,000 for Hids,Dyno tune,LPE stage 3 heads ,custom fabricated parts.With this money you could build a Stang with higher HP as a mattewr of fact my heads and cam would buy a Kenne Bell and some minor bolt ons and Dyno spaank the Vette but theres nithing like 525 rwhp NA at your controls.Even though I will love all my turbo and Super Charged Beasts,Good Luck Dave Smilovic
Sorry For rambling as usual and I Know its a Ford forum and I am just excited when I get to own the test mule and test all the fun parts.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
Dave, as odd as some of your posts seem to be, and how off topic they end up....they are still some of the greatest reads, listening to what the fastest of the fastest do to take their cars to the max.....congrats. and hope to see your car at MSC.:bowdown:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Shit dave I can save you $$ on a hotel and you can stay at my house. All the beer and food you can eat or drink. I like the payout idea.

hj16

Established Member
Thanks for the mention Dave. I appreciate it very much. Its MSC by the way. Even on the phone you were calling it MWC:lol:

I'll try talking to the other tuners about your payout idea. I think that if you were to mention your proposition on ModularFords in the Midwest SVT Challenge forum.

And just to let everybody know, Dave is comprehendable over the phone. :D

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Thanks Dave. I know we both look forward to meeting you. I'll also run this idea to the tuners I talk to.

I'd like to see the tuners go all out so we can really see what they and their cars can really do. Its going to be an awesome weekend.

Bill Reid

Established Member
Dave, we can work something out to where we don't need to shut down the business. Everybody wants to have fun going on trips and meeting folks and I think that can be done. Obviously, all of us going is not an option. But we will not get our name out there and not be taken seriously until we start meeting and racing with folks we keyboard with all the time. As long as we don't interfere with Mikes NHRA racing schedule I think going to just about any shootout is nothing but a good thing. Don't forget that a good time at any shootout in this country really will not cost anymore than it costs us to advertise (1/4 page 4 color) in a magazine for one month. I like shaking hand with folks rather than paying a magazine... seems much more personal :)

Lets talk more offline :)

hj16

Established Member
Bill the money man. Its good to see that you guys are so proactive in backing and participating in our event. You guys at Xtreme are truly class acts :thumbsup:

trey193

Established Member
I am looking forward to the event I know that!! Hope several with the funds chip in!

Users who are viewing this thread