Midpipe

BL0WN331

Established Member
I was just wondering if anybody on here had there cats removed from there stock midpipe? How does it sound or should I save my money and buy a Bassani? :shrug:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
im thinking about getting the bassani midpipes to go with my bassani c/b. with 2 high flow cats

BL0WN331

Established Member
Have you all heard of people cutting the cats off and replacing it with pipe or is it to hard? It doesn't look like it would be that bad at all.

ron_lightning04

Established Member
hmm well i have heard of one set taken out and i have heard that is you take out all 4 thr truck will run like crap because no back presure but arnt blown and turboed engine alergic to cats lol

i dont know that is just what the muffler guy in town here said lol

lates ron,

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i think if u took all 4 out it will be too loud...and it wont pass emissions at all....i would say go with 2 high flows

BL0WN331

Established Member
PimpRohr said:
I have the stock ones gutted...sounds loud.

Jesse

Did you gut them yourself or did somebody else do it. When you are saying gutted you are not meaning that they were removed, just nocked all the bb's out of them.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
BL0WN331 said:
Did you gut them yourself or did somebody else do it. When you are saying gutted you are not meaning that they were removed, just nocked all the bb's out of them.

I had them REMOVED, then i drove through Virginia and got a ticket a 100 yards after crossing the state line. So I had to have them replaced and send them pictures and a copy of the bill. So, now i have "hallow" cats up front and nothing out back.

Jesse

BL0WN331

Established Member
What about just taking the back 2 off, that should open it up a little and make it a little louder. :shrug: Or if I do it, just go all out and take them all off. :rockon:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Take the back two off and get somethign that you can tune it with to turn the rear 02 sensors off. You'll be just fine like that.

jesse

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
ford2001svt said:
thats what i got, sounds awesome

Got any clips of it?

I got the Bassani HFC and I plan on getting a cat-back sometime this week. I would rather spend it on go fast parts but I love being heard from a distance. I NEED HELP. Which should I choose? It's either a (dual)bassani or a (single)magnaflow cat-back. There is only about a $40 difference with bassni costing more. But should I spare the 40.0 or do magnaflow sound better or what..? And yes, i've searched about this already.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
99bolt said:
Got any clips of it?

I got the Bassani HFC and I plan on getting a cat-back sometime this week. I would rather spend it on go fast parts but I love being heard from a distance. I NEED HELP. Which should I choose? It's either a (dual)bassani or a (single)magnaflow cat-back. There is only about a $40 difference with bassni costing more. But should I spare the 40.0 or do magnaflow sound better or what..? And yes, i've searched about this already.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161507

Users who are viewing this thread