Midpipe Question

cgould4994

Established Member
Hi all - looking to go for a catless midpipe for my 03 Mach. Other than buying the pipe and installing it what else is needed to ensure I do not get any other issues running catless (check engine lights, etc...)? I am not a mechanic but I feel like I have read about people running into issues taking off their cats in other forum threads - any feedback is appreciated.

Also, will I notice a considerable increase in exhaust drone from inside the car? Right now I just have the MAC catbacks that AM sells for my car installed and it is pretty loud but not quite where I want it to be.

Thanks,
CG

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
You will either need MIL eliminaters or extended O2 sensor adapters to go along with it. I'd recommend the extenders as you will be able to keep the cats on or turn them off in the tune. Depending on what mid pipe you install, the tone will be different, cattless X pipe will be more raspy and popping, but will sound good. An off road H pipe is a little less raspy but doesn't flow as well as an X pipe. Both Improve exhaust flow immensely compared to the stock 4 cat mid pipe.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
I would buy them anyway to make sure, you can zip tie them up and out of the way along the transmission cross member. If they are not needed, simply return them. Sometimes its better to have a part than wait for it to come in.

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Are the MIL eliminators necessary for this install as well?

no, you use either O2 extensions or install the mill eliminators and turn the O2 sensors off in the tune. You can also have the O2 sensors in and turn them off in the tune.

I recommend getting the O2 sensor extenders, that gives you the option of having them on or off in the tune. Eliminators are eliminating the O2 sensors.

4a7191a

Established Member
I'd save the money up ans go with a long tube setup. It save money in the long run. :). I now from experience on several cars. :(

Users who are viewing this thread