midpipe question

air_commando88

Established Member
Hey guys, i got magnaflow magnapacks with stock midpipe and i wanna change that. My question is...is going with a midpipe with no cats bad for the car in the long run or am i safer going with a catted x or h? if its not bad, ill i need mil eliminators? thanks for the help!

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
It's not bad for your car to run catless, just bad for the environment lol. You won't NEED mil's but if you want that stupid check engine light to go away I would suggest getting them. Also take your emissions into question. Here is Jersey we have a visual inspection that won't allow for o/r midpipes or even longtube headers.

BCM0018

Established Member
You will get a check engine light unless you run MIL eliminators or have a predator and can turn the rear O2s off. As ^^^ said its only bad for tthe environment and not the car but you most likely wont pass an emissions test with an off road pipe depending on where you live and/or who you know.

air_commando88

Established Member
ok i appreciate it, i have a predator so i'll just try shutting them off. what would you guys suggest? i was looking at the magnaflow tru-x x-pipe and the upr x-pipe which a lot cheaper! I live in Florida so not worried about emissions on it.

BCM0018

Established Member
ok i appreciate it, i have a predator so i'll just try shutting them off. what would you guys suggest? i was looking at the magnaflow tru-x x-pipe and the upr x-pipe which a lot cheaper! I live in Florida so not worried about emissions on it.

I dont know if your really going to see a big difference between different brands. When I ditched my LT headers for shorties I got BBK headers and the matching x pipe. The only thing I would say to look for is make sure the midpipe uses exhaust hangers. A while ago I had a midpipe that didnt and it hung low and hit on a lot of things. They might all have them now I'm probablly going back 6 years though.

air_commando88

Established Member
ok thanks, i just didn't know if since i have a magnaflow catback if it would be safer to use their x pipe so it would line up better. i've heard good things about upr though too. I've also been wondering about the MAC prochamber, anyone using these?

air_commando88

Established Member
So does anyone use MACs prochamber? I wanna go off road since there are no emissions testing here but i do know it will be a lot louder, are performance gains still good with x-pipes that have hi-flo cats?

DaBigBone

Established Member
I dont know if your really going to see a big difference between different brands. When I ditched my LT headers for shorties I got BBK headers and the matching x pipe. The only thing I would say to look for is make sure the midpipe uses exhaust hangers. A while ago I had a midpipe that didnt and it hung low and hit on a lot of things. They might all have them now I'm probablly going back 6 years though.

+1. I also have a BBK setup.

You won't notice much of a difference if any between midpipes.

Users who are viewing this thread