Midengine Corvette leaking like a bad faucet!

Z06

Established Member
These are not mine, and I don't come anywhere remotely close to being the originator of these photos. Some guy over at CF named Zerv has been cooking up a storm with CAD drawings. The latest being what appears to be a TT DOHC V8. Enjoy!

6bb16407_32ab_420f_9580_47f9e836a675_43119bb32498c1a378cb01b18bd2963124d8946e (1).jpg
79a6d970_7783_49e1_800e_76cac9c06bdb_3110bf203ec40df1fe2547cb38818271ca507582.jpeg
cadvette_d824a83d3a4da060c8d7df25f4abcdb380ac8c41.jpg
fkva6pn_fe8244b832c69bd63c7b61dcc33c2ee05f1f922c.jpg
vribe4f1_5ae84998cb4b35da79778d74179e31cb30f7ba32.png

smitty2919

Established Member
Wow....always curious how this kind of information gets "leaked". You need to be fairly important to be the designer/holder of CAD models like this.

Some OEM's treat this info like gold...especially something like this being a new model year revamp with some major changes.

Z06

Established Member
This plays against a manufacturer big time, especially with the competition getting a peek at whats to come.

stangfreak

Established Member
Bad ass. DOHC? That will be interesting. I remember bringing my 03 cobra to car meets when it first came out and the GM boys would break my balls saying ford needed a supercharger to make power and it also needed 4 cams as well. How times are changing now.

Z06

Established Member
Bad ass. DOHC? That will be interesting. I remember bringing my 03 cobra to car meets when it first came out and the GM boys would break my balls saying ford needed a supercharger to make power and it also needed 4 cams as well. How times are changing now.
Agreed! But you gotta give it to them, they are pushing that OHV Push Rod to it's limits. It's a tried and true formula for them and it holds its own.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
wudnt surprise me. ALL of ur super cars from here on out are gonna have sort of forced induction and since Turbo(s) are the most efficient power adder u can offer its a no brainer imo

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Ha, yeah I remember those days too. Now we have the ZL1, ZR1, Z06... all blown.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
It’s not an accident these have been leaked. It’s building excitement and getting the car press before it’s even out. This is all part of the marketing plan.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It’s not an accident these have been leaked. It’s building excitement and getting the car press before it’s even out. This is all part of the marketing plan.
Why would they do this when the ZR1 isnt even out? The price of the ZR1 and the C8 will probably be close too. No point in getting a ZR1 at this point when the next best thing is probably 6 months out!

Also, anyone notice the twin turbos? Ford really ****ed up by not putting TT on the GT500, IF they stay with superchargers. Oh well, I guess we are waiting for the S650 GT500, LOL.

I have a feeling Ford will pilot a GT350 program with twin turbos. Dont say it can't be done, porsche's base 911 is now twin turbo. Even the civic hatchback (not Type R) is already boosted.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Deadpool leaked too, glad it didn't stop the movie from being made while generating revenue as well! When will these type of people that put their jobs on the line ever learn. <insert sarcasm>

Z06

Established Member
Lol, dude that leaked them trickeled his pics right up to Christmas Day and said that’s all for now... Wonder what’s next?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why would they do this when the ZR1 isnt even out? The price of the ZR1 and the C8 will probably be close too. No point in getting a ZR1 at this point when the next best thing is probably 6 months out!

Because people are expecting more out of this leaked C8 than it actually is. When this C8 is released, the C7 ZR1 will no doubt still be eclipsing it. The media sees mid-engine and immediately think and report "super car." What we're seeing could very well be a standard C8 with performance slightly better than a C6 Z06 or slightly less than a C7 Z06 with the higher performing C8 Z06 and ZR1 variants to follow. If mid-engine is the way forward for the C8, it's unlikely Chevy is going to come right out the gate with a top dog version.

Z06

Established Member
Because people are expecting more out of this leaked C8 than it actually is. When this C8 is released, the C7 ZR1 will no doubt still be eclipsing it. The media sees mid-engine and immediately think and report "super car." What we're seeing could very well be a standard C8 with performance slightly better than a C6 Z06 or slightly less than a C7 Z06 with the higher performing C8 Z06 and ZR1 variants to follow. If mid-engine is the way forward for the C8, it's unlikely Chevy is going to come right out the gate with a top dog version.

Agreed! It’s always Base<Z06<ZR1.

Then of course you may have your Grand Sport in between the base and Z06.

stangfreak

Established Member
Agreed! But you gotta give it to them, they are pushing that OHV Push Rod to it's limits. It's a tried and true formula for them and it holds its own.

Absolutely. I like the Ls motors. I would love to own a c6 z06 or a c7.

stangfreak

Established Member
Ha, yeah I remember those days too. Now we have the ZL1, ZR1, Z06... all blown.

yea it was ridiculous. I heard every single excuse, complaint, opinion about my cobra back in that era. Thats why I don't go to car meets or race anymore. Its to much drama and I have no time for that. I like my blown DOHC motor. They didn't do that bad during the engine build offs and they had to change the rules bc the mod motors were hurtin feelings =)

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
yea it was ridiculous. I heard every single excuse, complaint, opinion about my cobra back in that era. Thats why I don't go to car meets or race anymore. Its to much drama and I have no time for that. I like my blown DOHC motor. They didn't do that bad during the engine build offs and they had to change the rules bc the mod motors were hurtin feelings =)

Indeed. They Chevy fans really hated my Cobra back in the day. They didn't like losing to it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And here we are "patiently" awaiting the new GT500.
Ppppppffffffffffftttttttttttttttt,........................lol

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member

You actually think images were stolen from GM? Don’t be so gullible. This isn’t GM’s marketing department’s first rodeo. That’s intellectual property. If a person steals it, can you imagine the pain GM brings down?

And old men will still buy the ZR1. There is no shortage of corvette buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread