Mid-size tablets

king nothing

Established Member
I'm looking for a mid size tablet (8 inch or so). 7 inch is too small and 10 is too big. Want android, no ipad or Windows. I've been looking at the LG gpad 8.3 because it has higher screen resolution than most. Is screen resolution that important on an 8 inch screen? Any others I should be looking at in the under $250 range (used is ok)

MannySC

Established Member
IMO the ipad is the best tablet in offering content but if you want an android tablet. The only one I would ever buy would be the Nexus line from Google aka nexus 7. They are the only ones that keep getting updates and should get a refresh in the next month :coolman:.

Blown 89

Established Member
Even though 7 is too small I'd stick with the nexus. Manufacturers ruin their tablets with buggy software.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
dude look into the Acer tablet, i got one for the sole purpose of playing games (clash of clans) it works real good and it was only 150 you cant beat that at Best Buy and i think it an 8" screen android

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
IMO the ipad is the best tablet in offering content but if you want an android tablet. The only one I would ever buy would be the Nexus line from Google aka nexus 7. They are the only ones that keep getting updates and should get a refresh in the next month :coolman:.

agreed didnt like my nexus much and im a Andriod fanboy

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My mom got a Gpad 8.3 and she loves it. She has an iphone that she can barely figure out how to use and the Gpad took a while to figure out, but she uses it all the time now. I'd recommend it, I've used it and think it works great.

I'd recommend getting the Google Play edition Gpad straight from the Google Play store. You get the nice form factor and hardware that you want, but get to use the core Google UI, which is much better than the skin that LG puts on the tablet. And you'll still get updates straight from Google instead of waiting for LG.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
whats the word on nexus 8? i thought nexus 7 was too small for me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread