Mid Atlantic Cobras

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Nice to see Yellow's Cobra finally arrived. In my repsonse to his post concerning delivery times(I live in Richmond, VA), I told him my salesman had finally given me a date of 6/14. Well, I got the call today. Car WILL BE delivered tomorrow(6/13 for those counting) to Bill Talley Ford in the am. He couldn't tell me an exact time but said it would be in before 2 pm. I'm taking off Fri(or most of it) to pick up the car and do the $$$$$$$ limbo. I figure it's gonna take me most of the day to negotiate all that jazz. Plus, he informed me that it would take all of Thurs to prep the car. As far as the front fascia goes, I'll keep my eyes open and scrutinize it well. I'll also be checking mileage and any "foreign substance buildups" at or near the rear end.
For you Mid Atlantic guys who still have no idea when yours will arrive, mine is vin ...332. The sheet I have in front of me says it was on rail car FTTX907736. Hopefully this will give you all hope and help alleviate some of the wait.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Congrats zm. I told my dealer in Feb. that I didn't want anyone to touch my Cobra when it got to their dealership. They asked me when they called if I still wanted to receive it that way and I said yes. It was unbelievably dirty. The wierd thing is that I'm almost 100% sure it was driven in the rain. There was mud streaks on the rear fenders and the engine compartment was very dirty. It hasn't rained in NC in days so I know my dealer didn't do it and that makes me wonder aout the burnt rubber stuck underneath the car. The way companies are being managed today, they may have given it a test drive at the rail depot. Anyway, I got to remove all the protective covers on the interior and all the stickers. I got to have my no sale and window sticker with the blank MSRP. Who knows, they may have value one day. Good luck on your Cobra.

i8u

Established Member
Sorry to hear you were unhappy w/ the condition you ride was in when you went to pick it up. How many break- in miles are you going to put on it before you see what it can do!!Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread