Microsoft programmers scare me!

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
So I'm at home last night and noticed my hard drive is very full so I went to delete a bunch of crap in my temp folders when I got this very helpful message when I tried to delete the files... LOL :lol: How am I supposed to delete it if it won't let me delete it? Sometimes those programmers at Microsoft crack me up. Enjoy...

cannot_delete.jpg

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
only thing i hate more than computer are xerox printers/copiers... these machines are so over priced for the amount of shitty performance they deliver!

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by 03blacksnake
So I'm at home last night and noticed my hard drive is very full so I went to delete a bunch of crap in my temp folders when I got this very helpful message when I tried to delete the files... LOL :lol: How am I supposed to delete it if it won't let me delete it? Sometimes those programmers at Microsoft crack me up. Enjoy...

cannot_delete.jpg

I'm a Developer. I'll write you some code to clean that up:rolleyes:

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
John,

I guess Microsoft programmers aren't 31337 ;-)

CobraFreak1996

Established Member
LoL, joo foo's need to h4xzorz their stuff w/ your uber 1337ness!

Yeah I hate seeing stupid crap like that. I personally liked the one for windows 98 that would come on when scandisk ran "To avoid seeing this message, shut down windows correctly". Uh, what the heck do you think I was trying to do in the first place?

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Most likely you are getting that error because that file is in use by another program or perhaps the OS itself. There are free utilities available on the net that allow you to delete files that are in use. However, before you break something it might be wise to see what program is using it.

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
Originally posted by Davechapelsvt
only thing i hate more than computer are xerox printers/copiers... these machines are so over priced for the amount of shitty performance they deliver!

man this is no lie! i have been working on xerox for a while and they are POS! the moder 1235 is the worst!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Restart in Safemode and try to delete it. This will sometimes work.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4J
John,

I guess Microsoft programmers aren't 31337 ;-)

Now that my friend is a fact! :bash: Actually, I know a couple and they are good guys...

Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Most likely you are getting that error because that file is in use by another program or perhaps the OS itself. There are free utilities available on the net that allow you to delete files that are in use. However, before you break something it might be wise to see what program is using it.

I was just trying to be funny about the whole deleting it thing, but thanks for the suggestions guys :beer:

All I did was delete the file after deleting some other stuff on the drive. It was a rather large file and to move a file (to the recycle bin in this case), Windows makes a copy of it first in the new location, then deletes the one in the old location. This is why it wouldn't let me delete it (not enough room to make the copy). Anyway, enough techno babble...

I just love the part where it says, "Not enough free space" LOL, it's just funny to me that it says you need free space to delete a file. :) Maybe this just shows how much of a g33k I am that I think this is funny. :nonono:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Originally posted by cvenom96
I personally liked the one for windows 98 that would come on when scandisk ran "To avoid seeing this message, shut down windows correctly". Uh, what the heck do you think I was trying to do in the first place?

LOL :lol: That's another great one.

Users who are viewing this thread