Mickeythompson "street comp"

f2hatch

Established Member
I would think at your power level your car will go every way but straight with those. i really don't know but i would think these would be on par with nitto 555 non R. have you looked into the new M/T SS?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yea,there DRs & not for road course,was looking for all 4 corners. I called MT about this & they said"there not in that business"

bubblehead93

Established Member
love my nitto nt-01s... much softer, but I don't drive every day and never see rain unless I get stuck in it, then it is low and slow... lol

tried auto-x'ing with nt-555s (300, A) and the tires were the limiting factor in a big way... just not competitive...

these seem similar, can't reconcile a 300 treadwear rating with AA traction...

the nt-01s are 100 and AA and really bite, lets you take the car to the limit, with good feedback, they talk back to you real well...

are you going to track them or street them, or both and how much... 50/50, 80/20, etc...

r/
Andy

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Those MT's are almost a copy of the Continental Extreme Contact DW. I have the DW's on my car, and even with the 300 treadwear rating, they still have fantastic grip. The MT's, like its cousin the Cooper Zeon are made in China, by the way.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
love my nitto nt-01s... much softer, but I don't drive every day and never see rain unless I get stuck in it, then it is low and slow... lol

tried auto-x'ing with nt-555s (300, A) and the tires were the limiting factor in a big way... just not competitive...

these seem similar, can't reconcile a 300 treadwear rating with AA traction...

the nt-01s are 100 and AA and really bite, lets you take the car to the limit, with good feedback, they talk back to you real well...

are you going to track them or street them, or both and how much... 50/50, 80/20, etc...

r/
Andy

Going with the NT-01 80%street driven but low miles! To get an idea I'm replacing my original(03) f1 for them! & also have A slick/skinny combo for the strip.

jpk

Established Member
I have the Mickey Thompson Street Comp and I like them. I have them on a street only Cobra driven in year round dry and warm conditions (desert southwest). They have good grip and a nice stiff sidewall. The tire is responsive and doesn't hop. It's also nice looking huge rubber tread blocks and a clean sidewall without any goofy or gimmicky designs. I had always run some kind of Goodyear F1 in the past and I find these tires to be better and at a lower price. I would get these tires again for and recommend them to anyone looking for a summer street tire. If you want all season or you want an auto-x tire, then this is not that.

One thing I have noticed is that they will amplify any steering or alignment weaknesses that your car has compared to a more forgiving tire. I have to imagine a real auto-x tire would only do this more so.

Users who are viewing this thread