Mickey Thomson Pro 315 drag radial fit

Blackmax

Established Member
Has anyone tried the new MT 315 Pro? I was not concerned on width but not sure about the 30 inch diameter, the CJ has run 30 inch slicks and they grow 1-1.5 inches so I figure a drag radial that does not grow would work?

DCook

Established Member
Haven't tried it, but it looks tempting!

If you have run 30 in slicks, you should be able to run this. I'm running 30 inch ET Street S/S and they're fine - but I had to raise my spring perches an inch and remove the mud guards.

You should be fine on width as I've run NT555Rs at 325 width, which is 13.11 section width and had only slight rubbing on my oversized sway bar.

devilish64

Established Member
I have used these 325/45-18"drag radials which are all of 29.9 inches tall. I have to have my dead hooker spring perches almost all the way up and it is tight on all sides. I can imagine a tire any larger fitting in the wheel well.
IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

Blackmax

Established Member
Thanks for the replies and pics, I have not tried 30 inch slicks as they would grow 1.5 inches and rub for sure. Drag radials do not grow and have a much stiffer sidewall, I am currently using 28x10.5W MT slicks but no matter how much air pressure I crush the sidewall at launch.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
We need better clearanced rims. What gets us though is that rear shock location. Unless your going tub or even mini tubs, we are a little tire limited compared to some other cars.

Users who are viewing this thread