Mickey thompson

whipplecrusher

Established Member
Just order my NEW 315/35/17 mickey thompson 3744R drag radial but i hope they hook up good lol 470$ gone :banana:

brunocobratt

Established Member
i have it, 305/35-18's, they hook, last 2 trips to the drag strip.
one i broke the diferential, and the other i broke the transmission, so they hook,lol...
that was with the 2 step, before i had nittos, it would just spin

gamebred26

Established Member
what psi did you set them at? dead hook? what rpm etc. i got the 315s as well just put them on..waiting for cage to be done then going to try to get some runs before the snow comes.

brunocobratt

Established Member
what psi did you set them at? dead hook? what rpm etc. i got the 315s as well just put them on..waiting for cage to be done then going to try to get some runs before the snow comes.
dead hook, 18 psi both times, 2700 rpm broke the diferential, 2600 rpm broke the main shaft on the transmission, both times on the 2step

gamebred26

Established Member
dead hook, 18 psi both times, 2700 rpm broke the diferential, 2600 rpm broke the main shaft on the transmission, both times on the 2step

floored of the two step? what clutch do you have? does it slip any?

i have a built SRA and tranny.

did the car hop? or just from the hook?

brunocobratt

Established Member
Must have been 10 spline huh ? I launch at 4800 on mt 15" et streets and never broke anything .
no, 26 spline, 15'' has alot more side wall than the 18''

floored of the two step? what clutch do you have? does it slip any?

i have a built SRA and tranny.

did the car hop? or just from the hook?
my rear end is a built sra too,my diferential was a auburn, and the tranny is built too, only the mainshaft wasn't built ( i broke the main shaft )
yes floored of the 2 step, and the clutch is a spec 3 it does not slip, my car makes 620 pounds of torque at the wheels at 3500 rpm, the 18's don't have alot of side wall and the 2 step is what is breaking parts before the 2 step i had never break anything

rudycobra

Established Member

my rear end is a built sra too,my diferential was a auburn, and the tranny is built too, only the mainshaft wasn't built ( i broke the main shaft )
yes floored of the 2 step, and the clutch is a spec 3 it does not slip, my car makes 620 pounds of torque at the wheels at 3500 rpm, the 18's don't have alot of side wall and the 2 step is what is breaking parts before the 2 step i had never break anything

That's crazy I'd never thought a 18 could hook to do that . Less sidewall usually means less hook . That means tires are deff biting !

gamebred26

Established Member

what 60's were you getting without the 2step? you think i will have the same issues on the 17"s? i was planning on doing a 2step..

gamebred26

Established Member
nittos suck...i got rid of them for the MTs. i rolled out of the whole on the nittos and blew them up...after a long 2nd hear john force burnout to...at 17psi spun till 3rd

brunocobratt

Established Member
That's crazy I'd never thought a 18 could hook to do that . Less sidewall usually means less hook . That means tires are deff biting !
they hook

what 60's were you getting without the 2step? you think i will have the same issues on the 17"s? i was planning on doing a 2step..

without the 2 step on nittos nt-rII s , the 60' were 2.0, never tried the m/t without the 2step because i had the tires and 2step done at the same time, i am going back to the track next sunday ( dez 11 ) i will let you guys know what happen

Users who are viewing this thread